Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nose job - surgery

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:42 pm
My nose is not bad but for a long time I've dreamt about a small surgery to improve it.

Whilst schmoozing about it to my mother, she offered to pay for it.

My dH is super against it and feels that

1. I absolutely don't need it

2. Could it have a reverse effect and make my nose look ugly

3. Having cosmetic surgery is not the lifestyle he wants to be part of

4. Now it's the nose, what's next..

I booked the appointment and have to make a decision now if to listen to him or just do it.

What are your thoughts ?

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My nose is not bad but for a long time I've dreamt about a small surgery to improve it.

Whilst schmoozing about it to my mother, she offered to pay for it.

My dH is super against it and feels that

I booked the appointment and have to make a decision now if to listen to him or just do it.

What are your thoughts ?

Dm me op

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:56 pm
Please don't. It could hurt your marriage, how is it worth it?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:31 pm
Maybe bring him to the consultation so he can discuss some concerns with the doctor and get a better view of what the surgery will really entail

Overall I think he has some valid points and it doesn’t sound like this is something you feel you absolutely must do, is it?

When doing cosmetic surgery you really need to have your spouse on board, it can effect him as well. It’s also not just a small surgery, anytime you go under anesthesia you run real risks and I personally know someone who did not survive a nose job

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:54 am
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
Dm me op
She cant. Your anonymous.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:00 am
I wouldn't do a nose - every time he sees your face it will probably create feelings of resentment. It's something that you can never undo. If it was a body part that wasn't so glaring then I would possibly go ahead.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:02 am
Sit him down and tell him how much it would mean to you. Maybe say I want it instead of my next birthday and anniversary present?!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:47 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
Dm me op

You wrote this anonymously so I can't DM you.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:50 pm
Dr hochhauser (I think that’s his name) does a minimally invasive one that’s not a whole surgery. Maybe look into that.

I have a family member that had surgery, her nose is definitely uglier than before and she has frequent horrible nose bleeds. Another family member has no issues but I don’t like the new nose and it didn’t age well.

If it were me I would do the minimal one if it’s fixing a small issue.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:51 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
Please don't. It could hurt your marriage, how is it worth it?

Its something I have been dreaming of for many years and it took me a long time to decide to actually go for it.

When I'm finally there, I feel very uncomfortable not doing it just because dH is not happy about it.

I will resent him every time I look in the mirror.

No?

hodeez

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:52 pm
Is this something you can do with contour?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:54 pm
I'm in Jerusalem and suppose Dr Hochhauser is in the states ? If not could you send me his details

amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Dr hochhauser (I think that’s his name) does a minimally invasive one that’s not a whole surgery. Maybe look into that.

I have a family member that had surgery, her nose is definitely uglier than before and she has frequent horrible nose bleeds. Another family member has no issues but I don’t like the new nose and it didn’t age well.

If it were me I would do the minimal one if it’s fixing a small issue.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:55 pm
Ask the Doctor if he can make a picture of what you will look like "after"

so DH can see it is only a Minor Subtle change.

groovy1224

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:01 pm
Personally, I disagree with all his reasons.

That's sweet of him but it's not his nose. Obviously it's subjective. You're saying you don't like it. If you came on here saying your dh wanted you to have a nose job people would be up in arms. You're doing this for yourself, which IMO is the only good reason to have cosmetic surgery.

Not if you go to someone reputable and do your research

It's a nose job, not a BBL. Tons of people have nose jobs, it doesn't mean you're a plastic surger addict.

Completely disagree. Your nose is the center of your face, everyone sees it. It's not the slippery slope people make it out to be. It's very possible to have it done and be completely satisfied. Doesn't mean you'll start wanting liposuction too.

All this being said, the process will be very difficult if your DH is not on board. Maybe you can bring him to some appointments to get him to come round?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:05 pm
I did one. And at first my husband was also against I waited a nice amount of years till I did it he saw that I wanted it so badly he knew how much it bothered me his yes was a cold hearted yes like yes but I still rather u don’t that being said he was there for me to help with the recovery and everything.
I am so so happy I did it I look pretty much the same minus that huge bump.
And my husband was also so happy with the results.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 3:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its something I have been dreaming of for many years and it took me a long time to decide to actually go for it.

When I'm finally there, I feel very uncomfortable not doing it just because dH is not happy about it.

I will resent him every time I look in the mirror.

No?

And he'll resent you every time he sees you!
I can't tell you what to do. Personal needs in a relationship can be very complex. I know that I wouldn't do it. But then again, I know my husband so rarely asks anything of me so if he would I take it seriously. (He knows I want work done though we can't afford it now and he does support it) Maybe the value of your husband's preferences are diminished by its frequencies. You should have a heart to heart conversation about this but without pressuring him. See if he can appreciate your angle on things. Going ahead with it without his blessing just seems doomed. Life isn't always fair...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics