Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Please help me figure this out. Im at a complete loss.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:11 pm
Im trying to figure out what jobs I can/should apply for with my skill set. I dont have any formal training in anything, but have been working office managerial jobs (small offices) on and off for the last 20 years. Im sick of it. I need to be doing something else. I have no real specific passion for anything particular. I need to find a job, yesterday already, but I have no idea what jobs I should be applying for, if any at all.
I am organized, I can multi task very well, I work well by myself, I would not ever want to be my own boss, I like helping people. I know google suite and how to learn new computer programs pretty quickly.
Anyone have any ideas? Im really at a loss.

ETA: Ive already worked with career counselors in the past. Never helped.

zaq

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:31 pm
Sounds as if you could use a session with a vocational counselor.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:39 pm
zaq wrote:
Sounds as if you could use a session with a vocational counselor.
Im going to edit my post, Ive worked with many over the years. Its never actually helped me.

ssspectacular

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:44 pm
Did you gain experience in certain fields from your office work? Would you like to work as a school secretary-they certainly need to multitask. When you see ads for office jobs, which ones sound appealing?

mha3484

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:48 pm
I work for a recruiter. I do a lot of the sourcing of candidates. Writing job postings, helping with resumes. Its very rewarding to help people find jobs but not as draining as being a therapist. Its a great middle ground. You dont really need a specific degree or skill set. If your a real people person its a great field to look into.

ocean blue

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 1:54 pm
What about teaching computers? You might be able to find a job in a highschool or an adult education program. That would be a nice change for you while using your skill set.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:44 pm
I assume you've tried online personality and career tests as well.

Would you consider going for a degree/certificate or taking a course?

Is there any field you wish you went into, or any topic you are passionate about, be it cosmetics, science, sewing, web developing, writing/editting, etc?

Are you interested in staying behind the desk but in a different capacity, or are you looking for something completely different such as photography etc?

Even among office jobs, there are so many different types- secretary, admin assistant, executive assistant, medical billing, underwriter, bookkeeper, communications assistant, recruiter, copywriter, team lead, client advisor, account manager, data analyst, auditor, IT coordinator, paralegal, etc.

Do all those sound boring, or would you be interested in learning more about one of these type of positions?

Wishing you much clarity and satisfaction in your career journey!

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 6:56 pm
What do you love doing? If you can do anything you want, what would it be?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics