Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O bank account thread where are the poor people?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 4:59 am
It’s great that so many have so much $$$ but does nobody have debt and struggle?

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:02 am
Probably too painful for most to even open such threads.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:04 am
I'm here ✋

We don't have half the amount some people posted here. No home (city or summer), we struggle with tuition, we own a 2008 minivan (which doesn't fit our whole family) and both of us work.

Everyone has their struggles in life, part of mine is finances. Hashem helps.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:20 am
We're here!! Hiiii!
It is pretty uncomfortable not to pull it off. But I'll share it if if you're curious what it looks like.
I owe
$850 grocery
$45k tuition
$9k credit cards
$3k family
We get food stamps and insurance
No other assistance.
We make about 80k a year large family.
We're really trying but it's not so easy for us.
I am not bitter. Other than money matters my life is great! I am so happy for those that pull it off and it inspires me to try harder.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 6:34 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
Probably too painful for most to even open such threads.

This. I started reading that thread and quickly shut it. I can't even imagine some of those numbers.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:05 am
Just food for thought- I don’t know what other peoples situation is like and I didn’t post on the thread.

We bh have a good net worth for our age (no home yet because the market is crazy but money wise we’re ok).

We also got married later and didn’t get pregnant right away (needed help).

We don’t get to choose but if we did I rather be paying tuition now than having that money to invest… bh we pay a siblings tuition.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:37 am
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Just food for thought- I don’t know what other peoples situation is like and I didn’t post on the thread.

We bh have a good net worth for our age (no home yet because the market is crazy but money wise we’re ok).

We also got married later and didn’t get pregnant right away (needed help).

We don’t get to choose but if we did I rather be paying tuition now than having that money to invest… bh we pay a siblings tuition.

Thanks for the perspective. That’s so nice that you pay for a sibilings tuition.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:38 am
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
We're here!! Hiiii!
It is pretty uncomfortable not to pull it off. But I'll share it if if you're curious what it looks like.
I owe
$850 grocery
$45k tuition
$9k credit cards
$3k family
We get food stamps and insurance
No other assistance.
We make about 80k a year large family.
We're really trying but it's not so easy for us.
I am not bitter. Other than money matters my life is great! I am so happy for those that pull it off and it inspires me to try harder.

I love your mindset.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:40 am
Don’t worry in such threads the homeless and the Elon musks will refrain from posting, but they are here and out there..

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:42 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Don’t worry in such threads the homeless and the Elon musks will refrain from posting, but they are here and out there..

Ok! I guess I’m not the only poor person on this site

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:45 am
It takes real guts to go onto a thread like that and post Hi, I'm in my late 40s, I work 45 hours a week, so does my husband and we have $2 in the bank.

You're likely to get blamed for not doing better.
People will ask: that's insane. why aren't you earning more? why don't you prioritize saving? you must be mismanaging your finances, move somewhere cheaper, change your career.

Especially if the person before you just posted that they own a 5m business, 2 houses and a yacht, plus have 25000 in their checking account for this months expenses. Oh, and they're in their mid 20s.

Alert: exaggeration to make the point.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s great that so many have so much $$$ but does nobody have debt and struggle?

It's amazing that people see what they want to see and somehow not see everything else. There where PLENTY of people that said they had nothing or next to nothing in there bank accounts. In fact the first few responses where such. How come you didn't see this?

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:54 am
I posted on that thread. We bh have some money now but for many many years until very recently we had lots of cc debt and very little saved. So I know what its like. We both work very hard in klei kodesh jobs which have little growth potential (finanancially) and we were not covering our bills. Going into other fields was not something we were interested in so dh tried investing the tiny savings we had and bh did well. (He spends a LOT of time researching)

Hashem provides - He could take away the money we have tomorrow. I would never have dreamt a few years ago that we would be in this position finanacially now, and we keep reminding ourselves that everything comes from Hashem.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:55 am
I'm here, B"H our problem is money and we don't have other serious problems. But I really hope one day soon we'll be on the other side.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:00 am
I happen to have money in my account/savings but it's all going towards a down payment in the next few years iyH. I don't seem poor yet but our income is low (both klei kodesh) so we'll probably be poor once we buy our house.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:10 am
I posted on the other thread that we have under $500 and there are outstanding checks for more than that amount.

I'm happy that people are doing better than that! I've been in worse situations, and I've been in better.

B"H we are rich in what really counts: A big and beautiful family of healthy children that are bringing nachas to us and I believe nachas to Hashem.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:18 am
I’m not posting on that thread. People who have less than me will feel jealous and reading about people who have more makes me feel jealous. I don’t get the point. The premise of the thread is disturbing to me but I did read some responses. I think the bad feelings it will cause far outweigh the potential gain (still not sure what that is).

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:06 am
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I’m not posting on that thread. People who have less than me will feel jealous and reading about people who have more makes me feel jealous. I don’t get the point. The premise of the thread is disturbing to me but I did read some responses. I think the bad feelings it will cause far outweigh the potential gain (still not sure what that is).

It's a good idea to learn shaar bitachon. The money other people have is just not yours nor meant to be. Hashem who loves you gives you just the amount He feels is correct. Wishing for something someone online has will not make it change. Believing in Him can. It's hard...but hang in there! It gets better!!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 2:04 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
This. I started reading that thread and quickly shut it. I can't even imagine some of those numbers.

Same exact!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics