Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
26 year old aging off health insurance, what pla to get now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:47 pm
Can anyone please advise?
Trying to help someone.
Their DD is turning 26, and will only be covered till end of June on their insurance, as is the law with Obama care and this particular health care plan

Girl lives at home with family, earns around 60 k a year
What can she get for health insurance, without spending a bloody fortune. That has good doctors, and a good plan?

Can anyone please advise?

Ty

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:52 pm
Has she looked into Refuah Health Share? Affordable and she can use any doctors she wants.

$199 per month, $500 out of pocket before they will pay 80% of costs, up to $1,000 of copays and then they cover 100%. Some routine health stuff is free and they have free unlimited telehealth. They do not cover medications in most cases though.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 7:55 pm
Buy in through her workplace

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:10 pm
Assuming she's in good health, and being that she's single so no pregnancy, she can get a cheap catastrophic plan on the NY Health exchange. The plan has a low premium but very high deductible. You can have this plan up to age 30.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:20 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Buy in through her workplace

Works a few jobs, so pt in each...

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Has she looked into Refuah Health Share? Affordable and she can use any doctors she wants.

$199 per month, $500 out of pocket before they will pay 80% of costs, up to $1,000 of copays and then they cover 100%. Some routine health stuff is free and they have free unlimited telehealth. They do not cover medications in most cases though.

Sounds interesting.
It's really legitimate?
What about cv emergency, hospital, good doctors take it?

amother
Holly

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 10:03 pm
Purchase a rider for 3 years to add to the policy. You can only do that at the time of renewal.

If Bday is in June she will fall off then. Depending on when the renewal date it is it may be worthwhile.

Have them talk to their broker for details on rider. I am currently on one such plan, my parents purchased it before I turned 26 so I had no lapse of coverage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries