Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
My rant list
1  2  Next

gr82no

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 4:17 pm
Just a few things that are bothering me.
WARNING! Some of it is probably insensitive and not nice but I need to write it and I don’t have a diary.

1- chessed girls usually come because they have to and don’t want to do anything hard or uncomfortable. Volunteer chessed girls like the ones chai lifeline sends are usually more ok with the harder tasks and you can rely on them more.

2- if someone posts something like “frum mother” and you don’t like that just continue on, if you do decide to say something either do it on your own thread or if you do post there please no one respond and go off topic!!!!! Thanks!

3- I hate (I never say this word really) when someone posts about their issue on every thread it drives me crazy. If your upset that there’s no babysitter write it on the babysitting thread not every thread you post on I’m sick of hearing it.

4- don’t assume you know how it is for another person. Even if you also had two under two , they are different kids you don’t know what is going on in my life.

5- nosy people go away and stop pretending you’re not nosy by asking in a roundabout way.

6- I need sleep!!!! Stop calling me when I’m sleeping and then say oh I’m sorry did I wake you up? Yes u did but I can’t fall back asleep sorry.

7- my Sholom bayis is not a topic of conversation. End of discussion.

Thank you all for listening. I know I sound like the meanest person I don’t care I’m exhausted.
If any more rants come up I’ll add them because I feel better now.
Hope no one is too mean to me even though I deserve it because I’ve just been nasty. At least I’m being nast under my username so you can all put me on your ignore list:)

amother
Quince

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 4:25 pm
Why should someone be mean to you and who is to say you deserve it?

I say you deserve compassion!! Sounds like your not in an amazing place right now and just want to vent. It's OK.
You are human.

If someone wants to say something mean it reflects on them, everyone is accountable for their actions.

I hope you feel better after your vent!!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:42 am
Hey,
Your rant is very on target.
Any more?

Zehava

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:48 am
You deserve a hug
And btw Yael blocked me from answering pms

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:41 am
Zehava wrote:
You deserve a hug

Why would she do that?

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:44 am
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
Why would she do that?

I would imagine the system was abused

English3

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:52 am
Zehava wrote:
You deserve a hug

Omg! I love your posts always on target.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 6:39 am
So sorry Op
you need rest!
shut off your phone, privacy feature can allow only what is necessary through if you need that
feel better soon!

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 7:09 am
OP, I hope that vent was therapeutic. We all need to get stuff out.

And yes, I'm that annoying poster who posts a lot of my own stuff on each thread. Why? Because if I feel it would be helpful for someone else, I'm open to sharing my story. And guess what? I also need to get stuff out.

I'm going through hell and high water now and imamother is keeping me sane.

Annoys you? Sorry. Just scroll past.

cupcake123

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 7:11 am
I agree with most of your list !
For the sleep thing leave your phone out of your room or on mute. Lifechanging!

Zehava

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 8:18 am
English3 wrote:
Omg! I love your posts always on target.

Thanks!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:26 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
OP, I hope that vent was therapeutic. We all need to get stuff out.

And yes, I'm that annoying poster who posts a lot of my own stuff on each thread. Why? Because if I feel it would be helpful for someone else, I'm open to sharing my story. And guess what? I also need to get stuff out.

I'm going through hell and high water now and imamother is keeping me sane.

Annoys you? Sorry. Just scroll past.

Just want to send hugs ❤️ and tell you I find your posts informative, positive and complete opposite of annoying. I’m sorry to hear you’re going through so much- but your posts don’t reflect that. (I agree with the bolded)

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:51 am
You know what annoys me? The concept of chessed girls.
I get Friendships Circle Friends @ Home or Chai Lifeline Volunteers, where girls choose to volunteer to go and play (or do homework or help) with the child or siblings for a few hours, to both give the child a special friend and free up some of the parent’s time to do things with another child or just get a little break, but Chessed girls who come in to be the cleaning lady because they have to for school (or shidduchim) is revolting.

Fyi, my DD did that for years. She played games, feed, helped with HW, did art projects, and made birthday parties-and enjoyed her time volunteering. Yes, there were times she got there and the child was still napping or whatever and she asked the mom how she can help and make peeled some vegetables, set the table or hung up a pile of coats. If she would have gone to the home and been told to wash a sink full of dishes, cook dinner (which is very different than chatting with the mom while helping out) or fold the family’s laundry, I would be horrible upset and horrified. I know I live in a different community, but help at home, don’t farm the girls out as unpaid cleaning ladies and Au pairs.

sequoia

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:54 am
OP, you can’t rely on every person in the world knowing when you’re sleeping. That is ridiculous. Turn your phone off.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:13 pm
I love your rant list. I have so much to add to it lol

gr82no

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:27 pm
Oh wow thanks everyone!
Yes I went to sleep and feel a lot better bh!
I have my phone next to me when I sleep because I use it for music and I also fall asleep before I mean to.
Zahava thanks for explaining you can’t pm ppl.

gr82no

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:38 pm
My new rant list for today!
1- I am fat and I don’t care! stop staring at trying to figure out if I’m pregnant. I’m not so fat I just have some extra skin in my stomach area. Thanks baby!

2- I am not superwoman:( I was really planning on before I got married. I thought I can cook, clean, work, shop, take care of kids, laundry, and a bazillion other things. But then life hit and I can’t. Sorry if it upsets you I don’t make a gourmet shabbos, I make the food we eat anymore would mean leftovers which I don’t have space for in my fridge.

3- why is all the yummy food either expensive, unhealthy, or hard to prepare? I want to be healthy but it’s just too complicated.

4- I’m not you I don’t want to do things exactly how you do it! I have my own way of doing things and it works perfectly for me! (This is directed to someone irl and maybe one or two ppl here)

5- I go on imamother too much and sometimes there isn’t enough to keep me occupied everyone make more threads I like so I’m not bored. Actually maybe not because I need to clean for shabbos.

5- life is too expensive. I wish it wouldn’t be. Oh well I guess I can’t get all the junk and cute baby clothes I want.

DreamerForever

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:30 pm
Ranting that is also giggle-inducing is a serious mitzva Smile ! thanks.

Plus it's healthy!! Most men will tell you they prefer a rant every day or two from their wives instead of the very womanly thing of keeping it all inside, and then giving them the 'ice treatment', or exploding after a month of 'good behaviour' --aka suppression.

happytobemom

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:04 am
gr82no - you are truly great to know!
I love your rant list, I don't think you're nasty at all, or deserving of being mean to, and I certainly am not putting you on my ignore list!
I must say, I relate to many of your rants...
Hope you're truly feeling better!

happytobemom

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:05 am
dreamerforever wrote:
Ranting that is also giggle-inducing is a serious mitzva Smile

Ooh I like that!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics