Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Costco
Previous  1  2

bargainlover

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 8:49 am
Where does Costco brick have the kosher chicken? I’ve never seen it

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 8:57 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Diapers
Detergent
Wipes
Paper towels
Tissues
Flushable wipes
Deli ( they have kosher)
Tires

Just thought of more

Olive oil
Canola oil
Oat milk
Cooking spray
Foil
Fig bars
Salt
White sugar
Brown sugar

mizle10

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:03 am
I love all the kirkland products! Such great quality, well priced and I love to shop in bulk.

Kirkland products I buy:
tissues
paper towel
detergent
dishwasher pods
garbage bags
dryer sheets
oil spray (like pam)
baby wipes
makeup remover wipes
shampoo, conditioner, body wash
grapefruit cups
frozen fruit
mens underwear
chocolate chips

I for sure buy more kirkland, this is just what's coming to mind

Amarante

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:15 am
Costco has much better quality produce than Walmart. There is simply no comparison.

If your family eats a lot of fresh produce and vegetables it is completely worth it.

They also sell whole salmon at an excellent price,

Also many people split a membership with another family which cuts the cost. And you can bring a friend along to shop as long as you put their purchases on your credit card or they pay cash.

Their Kirkland brand products are excellent as well like coffee and olive oil. But prices on huge bottles of items like Heinz Ketchup or Skippy peanut butter for the kinds of items which many want the actual brands are excellent. Toilet paper. paper towels, baby wipes, diapers - lots of staples.

Depending on what your family eats their nut and snack section is excellent - either big bags or the convenient small bags of snack type items like pretzels

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 9:40 am
I live OOT
And I keep chalav Yisrael
I find it worth it for the things I buy

But I also get my membership free as it goes through work and they pay for the membership

1. GAS - but I only fill up at Costco when I’m close by
2. Tilapia - beautiful thick pieces that I always have on hand in the freezer
3. Chicken - it’s at least $1.50/lb cheaper than the kosher grocery - I buy and freeze
4. Parchment, Tin foil, ziplock bags, glad containers- every so you fetén they have a sale
And the quality can’t be beat
5. Olive oil - but I think if I REALLY look around that I can find similar price, but since I’m there already and the price is good I think ick it up
6. Cheese- I live. OOT so for us Costco has the best price, but when I’m in Brooklyn I go to Bingo and stock up on things that could be frozen
7. Sometimes I pick up kids clothing that seem to be a good price, like pjs or boys shorts

If I’m not sure I google search what something costs in Walmart or Target

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 10:00 am
Also, is their gas better priced?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 10:08 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I live OOT

But I also get my membership free as it goes through work and they pay for the membership

3. Chicken - it’s at least $1.50/lb cheaper than the kosher grocery - I buy and freeze
4. Parchment, Tin foil, ziplock bags, glad containers- every so you fetén they have a sale
5. Olive oil - but I think if I REALLY look around that I can find similar price, but since I’m there already and the price is good I think ick it up
6. Cheese- I live. OOT so for us Costco has the best price, but when I’m in Brooklyn I go to Bingo and stock up on things that could be frozen
7. Sometimes I pick up kids clothing that seem to be a good price, like pjs or boys shorts

Does the parchment paper in Costco have a hechsher?
They put oils on it so it needs a hechsher

mizle10

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Does the parchment paper in Costco have a hechsher?
They put oils on it so it needs a hechsher

Yes

amother
Heather

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 10:13 am
bargainlover wrote:
Where does Costco brick have the kosher chicken? I’ve never seen it

It is in the fridge section with the rest of the meat/chicken prodects. There is one fridge marked kosher. It is all vacuumed packed from empire.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 11:01 am
How does Bingo compare to Costco ?

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 12:09 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I live OOT

Which brand cheese do they have?

FYI: In most states you don't need a Costco card for gas. NJ is one exception. There may be others.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:17 pm
Amarante wrote:
Costco has much better quality produce than Walmart. There is simply no comparison.

If your family eats a lot of fresh produce and vegetables it is completely worth it.

They also sell whole salmon at an excellent price,

Also many people split a membership with another family which cuts the cost. And you can bring a friend along to shop as long as you put their purchases on your credit card or they pay cash.

Their Kirkland brand products are excellent as well like coffee and olive oil. But prices on huge bottles of items like Heinz Ketchup or Skippy peanut butter for the kinds of items which many want the actual brands are excellent. Toilet paper. paper towels, baby wipes, diapers - lots of staples.

Depending on what your family eats their nut and snack section is excellent - either big bags or the convenient small bags of snack type items like pretzels

Split a membership with another family? Put their purchases on your credit card? Sounds very questionable, halacha wise. Most definitely geneiva.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:20 pm
Update:
I placed a order via Instacart. I’ll see if we end up using what we ordered.

Delivery was expensive so I guess I would need to shop in store. They produce is super duper tasty (currently drinking a fresh mango strawberry smoothie that I made as soon as my order came).
I guess I’ll make my decision in the next few weeks. Thanks and I’d love to hear other lakewooders or anyone else continue to chime in

Amarante

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update:
I placed a order via Instacart. I’ll see if we end up using what we ordered.

Delivery was expensive so I guess I would need to shop in store. They produce is super duper tasty (currently drinking a fresh mango strawberry smoothie that I made as soon as my order came).
I guess I’ll make my decision in the next few weeks. Thanks and I’d love to hear other lakewooders or anyone else continue to chime in

The markup when you order from Costco through Instacart is really a lot because their basic business is to also make money on membership fees.

I order quite a bit through Instacart and actually have a "membership" which gives me free delivery. Each store has its own markup policy with Instacart. For example the Kroger chain and Walmarts charges in-store prices whereas Pavillions and Costco marks up - Costco quite significantly.

I am very aware of the Instacart markup for Costco because my neighbor in the building is a member and when they shop at Costco they ask me whether I want anything. Since they are doing me a favor I just ask for a few things that are relatively easy to find and pay for.

However the price differential for Costco through Instacart is quite significant since I compare prices on the App just out of curiosity - and there is also the additional expense of my tip to the shopper as I tip about 20%. instacart shoppers make their money almost exclusively through tips and it is only fair that they be compensated appropriately.

The markup on fruit can be between $1.50 and $2.00. The mark up on some canned drinks is $4.00 through Instacart

However their produce is incredibly good - much better than Walmarts as I once bought there and no one really wanted to eat the fruit. Cheap prices are expensive if you have to throw out items the family doesn't want to eat. Very Happy

Amarante

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:04 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
Split a membership with another family? Put their purchases on your credit card? Sounds very questionable, halacha wise. Most definitely geneiva.

Two different scenarios. You can split a membership and each person uses their own credit card. My friend has a Costco membership through a friend. Every year he renews and her card is also renewed.
I think it is probsboy that she isn’t listed as a separat3 household but I don’t know the details. 🤷‍♀️
I sometimes go with her to Costco and they ring up my purchases separately and I immediately reimburse her or I pay cash. Just like if my neighbor picks up a few items for me and I immediately venmo him what I owe him.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 2:37 pm
Lakewooder here.

I do a costco stock up every couple of weeks.
I ONLY buy avacado in costco. A bag of avacado lasts me 2-3 weeks if cared for properly.
I get produce, kirkland diapers, paper towel, water bottles, arm & hammer detergent, downy pellets, clorox, windex, stain remover, all purpose cleaners, lysol wipes, coffee, sugar, canola oil, grape juice, etc.
Those are my regulars. We do get other stuff there too. My vacuum cleaner, cordless phones, contigo water bottles, and more, are from costco.
gas we get almost exclusively from costco.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries