Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore Maryland: OT/PT services for children

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 11:02 pm
Hi Imas,

we are looking to move and are considering Baltimore; does anyone know if OT/PT services are offered by the school district/county or is this something that parents need to pay for out of pocket? For a child with some OT and PT needs who is nursery age.

TIA!

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:41 am
Hi OP!
Depending on where you live you can apply to the Baltimore City or County Public schools for an evaluation. It’s hard to get approved for services through them. There are also places that take insurance such as achievement therapy(OT only) or The Therapy Spot and Charm City.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 9:08 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Hi OP!
Depending on where you live you can apply to the Baltimore City or County Public schools for an evaluation. It’s hard to get approved for services through them. There are also places that take insurance such as achievement therapy(OT only) or The Therapy Spot and Charm City.

Thank you Ima Cerulean! Do you know where I would need to live to geographically meet criteria to apply for an evaluation? My little one has significant needs and meets criteria in our home state, but we need to move and this is an important part of our final decision of where to move to.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:04 am
The best person to answer these questions is Martha Goodman. I am linking the page to the program she runs.

https://cjebaltimore.org/programs/mdsnap/

I see her email is listed there. Her office number is 410-735-5012. She is herself a mom of a special needs child and is very knowledgeable and incredibly nice and helpful.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:34 am
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
The best person to answer these questions is Martha Goodman. I am linking the page to the program she runs.

https://cjebaltimore.org/programs/mdsnap/

I see her email is listed there. Her office number is 410-735-5012. She is herself a mom of a special needs child and is very knowledgeable and incredibly nice and helpful.

thank you so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating