Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Help!! idea for gifts for VERY special teachers/therapists??

morahleah

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 2:35 pm
My son will be "graduating" from a school/therapy program in 3 weeks. The same teacher and therapist have worked with him since he was 5 months old. They have been a big part of our family's lives for the last almost 3 years and he is now moving on to the next level of preschool. They are not jewish, both are vetrains in their feild (deaf infants and toddlers and physical therapy). They work for the public school system but truly have gone beyond their job description to help our son be so successful!!!!! What can I give them to show our appreciation, even though I have known them a while I don't know that much about their personal tastes as most of our interaction has been focused on my son. Any suggestions would be VERY helpful!!!!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 2:40 pm
The best gifts that I ever got while teaching were - a day at the spa (everyone loves it) and a gift certificate that's not store specific. For example, you can get a gift certificate and use it at any store in the mall. Those were really expensive

On the cheap side, as a single, I got a $5 gift card to blockbuster taped to a bag of microwave popcorn. Cheap and good for almost everyone.

Go for the gift certificate. Just don't make the store too fancy.
I once got a $100 gift card to a really expensive store, I can't remember now which store, but it was so expensive that I couldn't get anything at all for $100!!! So, I got some fancy makeup.

morahleah

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 12:50 am
thanx for the ideas...do you know about how much a day spa gift costs?

Mimisinger

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 1:06 am
It can be anything depending on where you go. For example at some, you can do a whole day, or a half day or select the treatments... like less expensive would be a 30 min. facial and a 30 min. massage. An all day would be much more.

You can spend as much as you want.

Savta

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 1:43 am
any ideas for an in school therapist? I don't know exactly where she lives and she is moving away at the end of this school year. She is a frum therapist (for all I know on this website as well). Any suggestions of a nice gift that wont break the bank?

tovasmom

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 9:13 am
Check out a website called expressionary.com (sp?) you can get personalize stationary there for a reasonably inexpensive price. They are personal and they look great, like you've put time and thought into the gift.

Clarissa

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 9:17 am
I usually give gift cards to Barnes & Noble. Most people like books, and they also have music, movies, etc.

I've given gift cards to other places, if I know about particular interests. I once gave Williams-Sonoma gift cards to two co-teachers. One was getting married and the other one was living with a chef.

I like store gift cards better than cash or non-specific cards (like Amex gift cards) because they're fun to spend. They can also be used online if there's no store nearby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries