Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Two invitations in same envelope
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:54 pm
What would you think if you received a wedding and bar mitzvah invitation in the same envelope from a family who's making two simchas close to each other?

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:55 pm
That they are smart

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:56 pm
I'd probably find myself talking out loud - efficient!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:56 pm
They didn’t want to spend an extra $300 on stamps

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:57 pm
That they would get along well with DH LOL

happy chick

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:59 pm
I would think they're being cheap. While one could argue it's being frugal , I don't think that's fair to either simcha. They each deserve their own invite on their own envelope.

cnc

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:01 pm
I would think it’s weird - but in second thought it’s actually smart!

mastermom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:02 pm
Interesting idea.

I think I would be confused and think it's a mistake. But only because I have never seen it done before.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:03 pm
I may only notice one of the 2- a bit risky

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:22 pm
Like cnc said, first I would think taht was weird but then I would do a double taking and think that it is actually very smart.

happytobemom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:24 pm
I'm trying to picture it. I just got a wedding invitation today. If there was also a bar mitzvah invitation in there? I don't know. I hear why it's smart, I still think it's more weird than smart. They're two very different simchas. Often not even the same shape and size! (I know, you can work it out, but still.) There's also the mechutanim of the wedding to think about. Their wedding doesn't belong with your bar mitzvah, even if it's just to your side of people your inviting.
Besides, when you're making two simchas, is the extra postage and envelopes going to make that big of a dent?

happytobemom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:25 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Like cnc said, first I would think that was weird but then I would do a double taking and think that it is actually very smart.

So I'm actually doing the opposite. Thinking from all these responses, ok, it's smart. But then, I still think it's weird.

zaq

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:27 pm
I would thinkthat they were trying to do too much at once and whoever was assembling the invitation packets had gotten confused.I would probably call them to verify that we had been invited to both events.

happytobemom

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:29 pm
zaq wrote:
I would thinkthat they were trying to do too much at once and whoever was assembling the invitation packets had gotten confused.I would probably call them to verify that we had been invited to both events.

Good point!

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:37 pm
I would think it's cheap.

Signed,
someone who is cheap and frugal, but would not do that

seeker

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:44 pm
I would smile and think it's efficient. If they are inviting different people to each event then they probably lose out on some of the efficiency by having to keep track of which invitations go in which envelope. But if it's mostly overlap, cool.

kenz

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 7:15 pm
happy chick wrote:
I would think they're being cheap. While one could argue it's being frugal , I don't think that's fair to either simcha. They each deserve their own invite on their own envelope.

Agreed

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 7:29 pm
Uh-uh. Super weird

BokerTov

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 8:03 pm
It’s weird because you usually don’t invite the same amount of relatives and friends to a bar mitzva as you would to a wedding.
So it’s an extra job to concentrate who gets both, who gets one, and who gets none.
Nope, I’d nix that idea and just send them out separately. But that’s just me. All types of fish in the sea.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 8:03 pm
happy chick wrote:

I agree
אין מערבים שמחה בשמחה
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette