Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Feeling spiritual on Rosh Hashana

Kumphort

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 3:35 pm
Do any of you have any tips on what to do to make rosh hashana, etc, feel spiritual while staying home with the baby.

any practical ideas for any books to read or something like that?

queen

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 12:28 am
the more preperation and thought put into the yom tov BEFORE, the more chance of it being meaningful once the day arrives.

roza

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 12:30 am
nechamam wrote:
...any books to read or something like that?

read Machzor- it's very spiritual. get yourself a new one with nice translation if needed.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 2:59 am
Are you going to shul at all? When my kids were babies, I would leave on time for hearing tekias shofar and stay for as much of Mussaf as possible. I would sometimes stand in the back near the door, so if the baby started to kvetch, I could leave right away. I came equipped with bottles, pacifiers, etc. nosh for the little ones. (One of my friends claims that I once "shtupped" a lolly on a newborn Question shock I don't remember such a thing!) Except for RH that came out on Shabbos, but it doesn't this year.

I know that some would take exception; just saying how I did it. BTW, my kids were always good. but if they were'nt I would leave. Being by at least some of the davening made me feel some of the spirituality of the day.

Yom Kippur, a different story. Tell you next time. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur