Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Earrings for very sensitive ears

esther7

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:45 am
My ears have become very sensitive recently to any earrings that I wear. I used to be able to wear any junky earrings but I guess not anymore. I haven't worn earrings in a while, but have a simcha coming up and would love to get a pair that I can actually wear without having aching ears by the end of it.
What is the best material? And where to buy online, with fast shipping? Prefer not to spend too much, maybe around $50
Thanks!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 1:47 am
I have very sensitive ears (can't wear silver, can't wear 10K gold, can't wear platinum, can't wear huggies) and have been very happy with Simply Whispers. https://www.simplywhispers.com

theoneandonly

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 2:09 am
Titanium is very good for sensitive ears

Amarante

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:58 am
I have very sensitive ears and what I found worked was to coat the part that goes through the ear with bacitracin or other antibiotic salve. Alternatively Cortaid or other "anti itch" salve worked really well. I was able to wear even "regular" earrings by doing this.

Gold earrings were okay and depending on the style they do make earrings with gold going through the ear even if the rest of the earring isn't or you can replace yourself. I forget what the part is called but you can get gold things that attach to the earring from any earring supply store or you can also get hypoallergenic ones to try and see if they work on your existing earrings. You could also get a stud type replaced by a jeweler although I am not sure that is worth it.

Also the stye of earrings was a factor because heavy earrings that moved a lot seemed to be more irritating that light weight ones that didn't move around.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:20 am
Titanium or hypoallergenic earrings might work.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:23 am
One of my DD's is very sensitive and whenever she gets a new pair of earrings, she puts a tiny drop of hydrocortisone cream on both sides of the earring hole for the first few days, as her ear adjusts. After that she's usually fine.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:48 am
I have sensitive ears and I only wear real gold. Hoops are the best. Earrings with closures are fine to wear here and there but not daily.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:14 am
Titanium is usually best

chick567

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:15 am
Obviously gold is first choice but it’s expensive so besides for gold:

Surgical steel is the best.
After that hypoallergenic earrings are good until the coating wears off. Don’t wear them in the shower.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics