Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Monmouth L&D nurses - pls share your experience

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 3:42 pm
I’m trying to find out other people’s experiences with the labor and delivery nurses in Monmouth.

I personally had a great experience once and am wondering if that’s typical or was just a fluke/I lucked out. Both nurses I had (due to shift change) were super helpful with positioning and counter pressure.

Please share how your experience went, and whether or not you had a doula.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 3:44 pm
I gave birth to all my girls in Monmouth hospital, and though it's been quite a few years, I have only the best things to say about my experience. I remember having the nicest, most compassionate nurses. In fact, I often brought a gift back to thank them, they were really nice.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:14 pm
Unbelievably nice nurses. I posted about my experience on the thread of a woman who had a terrible birth experience in a ny hospital aND how mine was so polar opposite.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:17 pm
I gave birth there 3 times and nurses were amazing each time.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:18 pm
So so so nice! Only fantastic experiences

amother
Almond

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:27 pm
I gave birth there 8 times and the nurses were always fabulous!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:32 pm
Nurses were so warm and caring

amother
Purple

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:35 pm
The nurses were ok...I would NOT say fabulous.

I gave birth there three times. Plus was in L and D a fourth time due to complication.
Two times, I had to call the nurse supervisor and have the supervisor switch my nurse. One time nurse was poking and poking , and could not get my IV line in. I finally called the supervisor who said the nurse had gone against protocol. You’re only supposed to try three times and then call for help. My nurse tried way too many times and was unsuccessful. The supervisor got it in on her first try.

I’ve had some other unpleasant encounters with the nurses there.

Only one time did I have an AMAZING nurse.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:42 pm
My labors are super long so I've been through many nurses by each Smile.
Most nurses were very nice. I only had 2 that were out to lunch/not super interested.
During covid there was one nurse who was extra nice, allowing me to lean on her even though we were officially supposed to be social distancing.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:51 pm
Gave birth 4 times there and had great experiences with the nurses.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:53 pm
These responses make me feel happy and confident. Thank you!

Sorry to the amother who didn’t have great experiences Sad

I learned the hard way that if you’re not happy with the person (nurse) doing your iv and not being successful to ask for someone else. Never did yet but keeping it in mind for the next time. A hospital phlebotomist (not in Monmouth) once told me that I can always ask them to bring a phlebotomist if I’m not happy with the nurse doing it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:20 pm
With one birth I had an amazing nurse and with the other I had a terrible nurse.
She was inexperienced and although she tried to be nice she was not supportive, did not let me hold on to her while I was getting my epidural while having insane contractions...didn't call the doctor in time...and also lost her cool when she realized I was 10 cm and doctor wasn't there, which I found very unprofessional.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:43 pm
Most were great. I had a horrible experience 2 different times with the same nurse (my mazel!) Pat or Pam, I forget her name. I registered a complaint after the second time (a stillbirth) but I wonder if anything happened...

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:03 pm
Amazing bh. By my second birth the L&D nurse went so above and beyond for me so I sent her a thank you card.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:16 pm
I had one child in RWJ and had the most horrible, nasty nurse. My other children were all born in Monmouth and had fabulous nurses every time. My youngest was born in the heat of Covid and the nursery was closed. The nurse volunteered to change the baby and help me with him even though her job was only to care for me.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:54 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Most were great. I had a horrible experience 2 different times with the same nurse (my mazel!) Pat or Pam, I forget her name. I registered a complaint after the second time (a stillbirth) but I wonder if anything happened...

Was she short and thin with long hair?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries