Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby with Covid

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:24 pm
I tested positive for Covid. I’m pretty sure my baby has it too. She’s felt super hot all day. The thermometer is not showing a fever but she is lethargic which is super unusual for her and her face is flushed. She’s usually a really active baby. She’s also not eating much. DH won’t allow me to give her infant Tylenol but I am worried about her. Pediatrician said it was fine to give her . DH shouted at me when I went looking for it. . I want to give her medication she seems really sick

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:26 pm
My baby had covid too, he was pretty sick for a few days (stomach bug) but got over it with no side effects boruch Hashem. But why won't your husband let you give Tylenol???

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:27 pm
How old is she? Iyh you and she will be fine. The most alarming thing to me in this post is your dh won't allow her to have tylenol. Tylenol is fine and if she is lethargic, not acting herself it's definitely reason to give it. Then chances are she can perk up a bit and eat, drink, play. Is this your first child and is dh always controlling?

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:27 pm
If your doctor said it's ok why doesn't your dh let? Why do you need his permission to give your baby Tylenol?

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:36 pm
Why won’t your Husband allow Tylenol. How odd. Does he not take medicine when he’s sick and in pain?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:23 pm
Give that poor child some Tylenol.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:25 pm
Sorry, I agree with your DH.
Tylenol is garbage.
Give your baby a little to take the edge off. But give her a tepid bath to bring fever down, and ACV washcloth on face

tweety1

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:30 pm
Op, what you're dh is saying is a little alarming. If you're baby is acting the way she is it might be worse off not to give her tylenol. Why is dh even involved as to whether or not to give tylenol to a child? Something doesn't sound right.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:57 pm
Like the others said I’m more concerned about the fact your dh yelled at you when you wanted to give her Tylenol than anything else.

My baby also had covid (back in the beginning). Fever and a 3 days of lethargy and then back to normal. But definitely gave Tylenol to take the edge off. Same way I’d take Tylenol.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:07 pm
Oh come on with the ACV. These things can be dangerous. Ugh. Hugs op please update us.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:36 pm
tylenol is the leading cause of acute liver failure in the US and is the most common cause of both intentional and unintentional poisoning. it depletes glutatathione from the brain
roll your eyes all you want but at least research a little bit...

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:40 pm
Taking or not taking Tylenol is not going to make or break a situation of a baby having COVID. He’ll probably be fine either way, likely more comfortable with the Tylenol than without.

It is extremely concerning that your husband “doesn’t let” you give Tylenol.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:41 pm
Tylenol overdose can cause liver failure. Not giving an appropriate dose to a sick child every now and then. But that's not really what the op was about.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:50 pm
I don't understand the people who are blaming the baby's father for not allowing tylenol. I give my kids tylenol and Motrin all the time, but if someone feels it can poison his child why SHOULD he allow his wife to give it? Would you let your husband give your kid something you felt might damage his organs?

One of my children took tylenol as a toddler and then it was recalled because something was messed up with it and kids were getting liver problems. And ds had some weird liver stuff going on for a couple of months. BH it resolved itself. I still give the meds to my kids, but this father is not cruel for not allowing it.

OP, I hope you both have a refuah shelaimah. Is your dh more comfortable with motrin? Is the baby old enough?

the world's best mom

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:52 pm
And also, you may want to buy a new thermometer.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:52 pm
OP I’m from the never give Tylenol especially not during illness it depletes glutathione and damages the liver camp, I use motrin occasionally but not to treat fevers, but I’m curious what your husbands issue is?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics