Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Sink water
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 4:17 am
do you drink sink water, bottled water or have a filter? what kind of filter?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:51 am
We drink sink water. Filter or bottled water is a preference.
You do not need a filter for bugs.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:58 am
I have reverse osmosis. Our water is full of unhealthy stuff. Can't compare taste too!!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:11 am
Our filter is connected to our fridge
My kids will not touch sink water
I use sink water for cooking

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:58 am
We drink sink water.

I do keep it cold in the fridge in one of those square bottles with a spout.

Their friends drink it too when they are here.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:03 am
I use a Brita filter pitcher which we fill with sink water.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:28 am
She was asking about a specific area. My friends there all have filters installed on their water source.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:03 am
The Sink water in lakewood is known not to be safe
https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/s.....14002

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:09 am
We drink sink water with a Pur Water filter

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:18 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
The Sink water in lakewood is known not to be safe
https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/s.....14002
Out of curiosity is there any public water that site does consider to be safe? Or do they think everyone in the world needs a filter? Lakewood water is well within the legal limits.

crema

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:31 am
We have the glass version of the Zero Water Filter. It comes with a stick style tester to see when you need to change the filter. The only complaint is that the spigot it comes with often needs to be readjusted so it doesn't interfere with the dispensing, because it will be very slow. However, I see that a lot of people buy a different spigot just because of this reason. I adjust the silicone washers every now and then, and tighten the spigot as much as possible and it seems to clear up that issue. There are different models, and can be found at Walmart or Amazon. We bought a case of filters since it saves much more than buying individual filters at Walmart. We noticed the water tastes so refreshing:

Zero Water Filter

Zero Water Filter Replacement Cartidges

The water filter replacement cartridges in bulk on Amazon have a coupon for 10% off, so click on that for savings! If you decide to buy Zero, be sure to read all the instructions so that your tester will be accurate.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:02 pm
I have a Brita pitcher for taste, but I'd drink sink water if I needed to. It's safe, but not so great tasting warm from the faucet.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:42 pm
Sink water!

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:45 pm
We use sink water for cooking and bottled water for drinking. I'm from NYC, where I only drank sink water and liked it. ( I believe NYC is supposed to have some of the cleanest water around.) I feel spoiled for always using bottled water here, but I don't like the tap water- and I'm not spoiled. (Maybe I can get used to it?)

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:45 pm
Bottled, but I use sink water in the hot water urn and anything that will be boiled, like water for pasta.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
We use sink water for cooking and bottled water for drinking. I'm from NYC, where I only drank sink water and liked it. ( I believe NYC is supposed to have some of the cleanest water around.) I feel spoiled for always using bottled water here, but I don't like the tap water- and I'm not spoiled. (Maybe I can get used to it?)

Sure, NYC has the cleanest water with all those bugs...

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:

toms river water is not safe. read up on it

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:48 pm
crema wrote:
We have the glass version of the Zero Water Filter. It comes with a stick style tester to see when you need to change the filter. The only complaint is that the spigot it comes with often needs to be readjusted so it doesn't interfere with the dispensing, because it will be very slow. However, I see that a lot of people buy a different spigot just because of this reason. I adjust the silicone washers every now and then, and tighten the spigot as much as possible and it seems to clear up that issue. There are different models, and can be found at Walmart or Amazon. We bought a case of filters since it saves much more than buying individual filters at Walmart. We noticed the water tastes so refreshing:

Zero Water Filter

Zero Water Filter Replacement Cartidges

The water filter replacement cartridges in bulk on Amazon have a coupon for 10% off, so click on that for savings! If you decide to buy Zero, be sure to read all the instructions so that your tester will be accurate.

This is so interesting. Where do you keep it? Does it fit in your fridge? I only like cold water. Also, how often do you need new filters?

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:23 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:

To clarify, we had a filter, but I think that was for the bugs only and didn't purify it.

crema

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:37 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
This is so interesting. Where do you keep it? Does it fit in your fridge? I only like cold water. Also, how often do you need new filters?

This is a very economical water filtration system. We keep the filter on our counter top, we like room temp water. With that said, there are other styles that fit in the fridge. So check out their website. Walmart and Amazon both carry the different styles of filtration dispensers. Adding/edit: We follow the zero water gauge that checks the contamination of the water. You check every few weeks. When it gets to .006, you change your filter. There is no soaking the filter like Brita and others. You just clean and dry the dispenser after the filtration is needing changing (before screwing in the new filter). Check the water after filling with the gauge and you are good to go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries