Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Affordable Good Lakewood Doula
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 9:12 pm
I took childbirth classes by Aviva Kalysziner and I would highly highly recommend her as a doula.
I tried to be cheap so I used someone with less experience - it wasn't worth it.
I called Aviva at 1 am when I was in labor with a question my doula couldn't answer.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:52 am
Okay, here's the info I got so far
Dont have info on these personally but got these names from asking around:
Rivka Sher
Bashi Trop
Rivka Katz - brand new

I know a few years ago my dr's office gave me a whole list with phone numbers and then my doula said that the doulas had put it together and given it out. I reached out to my doula who said to ask Avigayil Cohen, she should have that list.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
I took childbirth classes by Aviva Kalysziner and I would highly highly recommend her as a doula.
I tried to be cheap so I used someone with less experience - it wasn't worth it.
I called Aviva at 1 am when I was in labor with a question my doula couldn't answer.

Just a side note about someone with less experience -
Less experience doesn't necessarily = less capable or knowledgeable. It's good to do your research and then 'interview' prospective doulas and see if you feel she has the know-how that you want.
Also, depends on what you're looking for. If you feel like you want someone to be in charge of your birth and hold your hand through it, maybe you want someone with more experience and you're willing to pay, on the other hand, if you just want some 'backup,' maybe a cheaper, newer, doula might be for you

amother
Viola

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:57 am
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
My sister used Aviva and had a fantastic experience

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:53 am
I live in Lakewood but will iyh deliver in Columbia. I’m considering a doula but do I book one from Lakewood? Do they travel?

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:00 am
I used Aviva for classes and she was amazing. I could imagine she would be a great doula, although I personally didn't use her.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:06 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood but will iyh deliver in Columbia. I’m considering a doula but do I book one from Lakewood? Do they travel?

I would imagine they do but that's a simple enough question to ask when you make phone calls.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 7:45 am
mom1232 wrote:
I recently used Aviva Kaluszyner. She was absolutely incredible- I used her for a VBAC and although I had an epidural I think I would’ve ended in a c section if not for her. She changed my whole experience so positive and just overall calm and caring the whole way through. She charged $750 and I believe second births may be less though I’m not positive (mine was considered a first birth in regard to pricing).

Do you have her contact info? Currently pregnant and hoping for a vba2c

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:08 pm
Highly recommend Lemore Abadi
She’s excellent!

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:13 pm

I spoke to her, she has a website you can contact her at. Matrinsicbirthing.com
I don't know if she's comfortable posting her number publicly.

mig100

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:07 pm

732-917-3304
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries