Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Top button of blouse

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 4:52 pm
For those of you that wear blouses, do you close the top button? Do you close for tznuis reasons or for fashion (the neat look)? Do you have certain brands you buy so it’s not so tight?

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:10 pm
I don't close the top button but then again I don't wear anything that's too tight up my neck. Sometimes I add in a snap between the top two buttons so that it's still open but not too open.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:36 pm
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
I don't close the top button but then again I don't wear anything that's too tight up my neck. Sometimes I add in a snap between the top two buttons so that it's still open but not too open.

You wear blouse often? White? Colored? Under sweaters?

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 5:49 pm
I used to always use a safety pin between top two buttons. However I find I must have gotten more sensory so now I only wear a blouse over a coordinating tee shirt or shell. I feel much less constricted although I put elastic into the shell.

frizet

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:13 pm
I wear the top button closed. I would say I do it for both reasons, A it’s more tznuis B it’s a very neat look! I usually wear white blouses with a cardigan or pull over sweater. I recently bought from AI stone. I’m very happy with them!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:04 pm
Anyone else?

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You wear blouse often? White? Colored? Under sweaters?

I have a few shirt dresses and blouses that are worn on their own.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 7:15 pm
I have a few shirt dresses and blouses that are worn on their own.

Nice. Have links? Do you close the top button?

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nice. Have links? Do you close the top button?

I don't have links since they weren't bought this year.
I don't close the top button. If it's very open I add in a snap between the top two buttons so that I can leave the top button open without it being too open.

hodeez

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:52 pm
If it's tznius with the top button open, I keep it open. If it needs to be closed I close it

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:33 pm
hodeez wrote:
If it's tznius with the top button open, I keep it open. If it needs to be closed I close it

👍 I happen to like the look of it closed. So I close it even if it’s technically tznuis enough. There’s a certain neatness and eidelkiet when it’s closed

DustyDiamonds

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:36 pm
I never close it. If necessary I put in a snap right under it. To me it looks stuffy and overly formal when it’s closed, but just MHO.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:40 pm
Yep- we add a tznius snap halfway between the top two, like the tznius button on the girls' uniform shirts.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Yep- we add a tznius snap halfway between the top two, like the tznius button on the girls' uniform shirts.

What's the tznius button on uniform shirts?

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:19 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
What's the tznius button on uniform shirts?

The frum uniform companies add a button and buttonhole at the top a bit below the tippy top one so the girls can leave that one open without being too revealing, because there's no way they'll keep it closed and it's uncomfortable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:14 am
I don't have links since they weren't bought this year.
I don't close the top button. If it's very open I add in a snap between the top two buttons so that I can leave the top button open without it being too open.

Why go through the trouble of adding a snap if it comes with another button that’s looks so neat when closed?

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why go through the trouble of adding a snap if it comes with another button that’s looks so neat when closed?

Because often it's too tight at the neck to be comfortable, and because some shirts look, for lack of a better word, kind of dorky when buttoned all the way up. A lot depends on how the blouse sits on the wearer.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Same reason men loosen their ties. Comfort.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:01 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Because often it's too tight at the neck to be comfortable, and because some shirts look, for lack of a better word, kind of dorky when buttoned all the way up. A lot depends on how the blouse sits on the wearer.

I understand. That’s why I make sure to buy ones that it won’t be too tight when closed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics