Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Interior Design/Career in the creative field

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 2:02 pm
Any interior designers here that can share if interior design is a profitable field?

I'm in a job now that has many benefits and pays well and that's why I'm still here. But I'm practically choking because the actual work I have to do goes against my nature and it's so hard to push myself. I'm a creative artistic type and I work in a mental health type office doing mostly paperwork, and also talking to clients with mental health issues. The reason why I'm staying is because I know my work, so I can get it done fast, and I get paid enough as well as health insurance. Additionally, I get to work from home twice a week.

However, I feel like I'm working solely for the money, and it's so hard to push myself, almost painful.

So I was considering the interior design but was told I'll get paid very little as a beginner designer.

Anyone that's a designer can share info about salary?

Or any ideas about a lucrative job in the creative field?

I was also considering UX writing/design, if any has more info on that, I would appreciate it.

I also consulted a career coach, and he advised me not to do copywriting, since you have to be ambitious to get your clients, and persuasive, both of which traits I don't have. I would work for a company in any artistic job since I'm the entrepreneur type and wouldn't know how to get clients.

Any ideas would be so helpful.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 3:02 pm
You may want to look into UX Design. There are courses/bootcamps you can take while you are still working and once you have a portfolio, you can apply for a postion as a UX designer.

For example- https://designlab.com/ux-academy/

Maybe you would be interested in a position with this company that is currently looking for remote employees.

https://14minds.com/team/

Lastly, you may want to speak with people and even "shadow" them before enrolling in a bootcamp or going for a specific position since you'll want to make sure you enjoy the technicalities and day-to-day tasks of the role.

Hatzlacha! May you find the right job for you where you feel successful and fulfilled!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 3:20 pm
Much thanks! I'm just not sure how to find people who are willing to be spoken to, or shadowed around, although that would be so amazing!

Any offers?? SmileSmileSmile

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 3:28 pm
Maybe become a makeup artist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics