Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Vien Monsey
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:52 am
What type is the school? How is the parent body? Looking for honest information. Also, does anyone have the number to request an application?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:46 pm
I don't know the school. But my friend sends there and they are heimish chassidish . Her boys have curly peyos. Her husband goes with an up hat and short jacket , peyos behind ears, and she's a bais yaakov type. Very frum family. Not chilled or ex anything at all .

amother
Navy

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:53 pm
Very hard to get in

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:55 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I don't know the school. But my friend sends there and they are heimish chassidish . Her boys have curly peyos. Her husband goes with an up hat and short jacket , peyos behind ears, and she's a bais yaakov type. Very frum family. Not chilled or ex anything at all .
I'm assuming most people don't go with an up hat and short jacket. To me it seems like it's more chassidish than that. It's definitely a right wing chassidish school. Nothing close to Vien in WB or BP. That's my assessment from the what I see around.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:12 pm
Cheder or girls school?very different

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:12 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I'm assuming most people don't go with an up hat and short jacket. To me it seems like it's more chassidish than that. It's definitely a right wing chassidish school. Nothing close to Vien in WB or BP. That's my assessment from the what I see around.
I send and my husband and lots of others dress like this

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:23 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I send and my husband and lots of others dress like this
I would love to hear an actual ratio. Not because I don't believe you but because I would love to have an accurate idea about the school.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:29 pm
I know many people that send there. Some up hats short jackets, though most are long jackets & biber hats. No chilled/modern chassidish.
Beware that it is very hard to get in and they may ask got a lot of money.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:31 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

Vein Williamsburg and Vein BP are not a comparison, by far not. And Vein Williamsburg is a typical Williamsburg school, Vein Monsey is way more neutral the Vein Williamsburg.
OP, if you live in Monsey, I'd compare Vien to Sanz and Bais Rochel.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:36 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Vein Williamsburg and Vein BP are not a comparison, by far not. And Vein Williamsburg is a typical Williamsburg school, Vein Monsey is way more neutral the Vein Williamsburg.
OP, if you live in Monsey, I'd compare Vien to Sanz and Bais Rochel.
Except there's a biggie, they don't let you drive. And THAT's huge.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:43 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Except there's a biggie, they don't let you drive. And THAT's huge.

Sanz and Bais Rochel don't allow driving either. Bais Rochel will only take a driving mother is she comes from a family that drives and the family meets their standards.

wifenmother

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:46 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I would love to hear an actual ratio. Not because I don't believe you but because I would love to have an accurate idea about the school.

Lots of covered shaitlech in Vien girls school. A lot more right wing than Bais Rochel... The school is a lot more chasidish than the cheder.

Bais Rochel doesn't require beige tights, and still has lots of 'old time Monsey families' that aren't necessarily chasidish and are looking for the litvish havara. Vien in Monsey compares to the Bobov schools in Monsey hashkafa wise (though I believe it isn't run as professionally).

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:46 pm
Sanz and Bais Rochel don't allow driving either. Bais Rochel will only take a driving mother is she comes from a family that drives and the family meets their standards.
Is this something new?

amother
Bone

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:52 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Is this something new?

It's not an official rule there (the same way chasidish schools mention it on their application). But it's a given that if you are a 'chilled out' couple compared to the families you come from and that's why you're driving, then they probably won't accept you.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 2:05 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Is this something new?

Bais Rochel will not accept someone that moved from Williamsburg and got a driver's license. They will not accept someone that's a Belz, Viznitz, Pupa..... graduate and is driving. They will not accept someone that wants to send there just because they want to drive. They will not accept someone that's "chilled" and drives. The will accept if one comes from an old time simple Monsey family.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 2:06 pm
wifenmother wrote:
Lots of covered shaitlech in Vien girls school. A lot more right wing than Bais Rochel... The school is a lot more chasidish than the cheder.

Bais Rochel doesn't require beige tights, and still has lots of 'old time Monsey families' that aren't necessarily chasidish and are looking for the litvish havara. Vien in Monsey compares to the Bobov schools in Monsey hashkafa wise (though I believe it isn't run as professionally).

Plenty Vien Monsey mothers don't wear beige, I wonder if the school will require it when they get to high school. Bobov parent body is a bit more RW than Vien.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:43 pm
Plenty Vien Monsey mothers don't wear beige, I wonder if the school will require it when they get to high school. Bobov parent body is a bit more RW than Vien.

I send to Vien. If you'd know anything about the hanhalla, you'd know it's not a question. HS girls will definitely be required to wear beige.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:08 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
No idea but my husband and all his friends who send all have short jackets. To clarify this is the boys school and not the girls school (which I understand is a lot more chassidish)

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:16 pm
No idea but my husband and all his friends who send all have short jackets. To clarify this is the boys school and not the girls school (which I understand is a lot more chassidish)

This is about the girls school, not the boys cheder. The school and cheder are by far NOT a comparison. The cheder is modern according to the school. The school is way more chassidish than the cheder.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:30 pm

And even in the cheder, there's a huge difference between the older classes and the younger ones. For example, my son's class has all boys with down peyos. My nephew's class who graduated 8 years ago was at least half the class with short peyos behind the ears.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics