Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Asking for more when potentially leaving

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:54 pm
I'm very happy at my job right now overall, however there are a few technical things missing. I wasn't looking for a new job but I met someone and potentially have something else on the table (really nothing concrete at all). I work in a school system (not a teacher) and plans are underway for staff next year. Everyone is meeting with the principal/director (requested but expected). Is it wrong to negotiate terms to get a better deal knowing I might quit before next year? There is no contract and I don't feel bad quitting for specific reasons. I just want to know if it's bad to ask for more when I know they might give it to me and I might quit anyways.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:58 pm
No. You should certainly negotiate. It may make you not want to leave.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 8:59 pm
But what if you don’t quit ? Take care of yourself in case you stay . Give them timely notice .

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:00 pm
One of the reasons I would take a new job is beyond their control. They aren't giving me health insurance and the other job would so I don't think they would be able to convince me if I am offered the new job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics