Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chs daycare

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:16 pm
Would you send to a chs legal place of private morah in a basement? I don't have chs but they told me they're charge me 650. Is that a lot ?
Private place is cheaper . But it's not all about the money.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:22 pm
I do- in lakewood area...

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:32 pm
I have sent to both a private morah's and CHS daycare. obviously every morah and every daycare are different. you cannot make blanket rules or statements. Overall, as good a morah is, what is her plan of action in case of an emergency. As warm and loving as she is, does she actually take care of the children all day or just cooks and schmoozes as she sees fit. you never really know what's happening behind closed doors. In a daycare, 1. the morahs are not at home. they have nothing to do their other then their jobs. If they slack/distracted too much, There is usually a director or higher up they will need to answer up to. 2. lunches are provided and usually warm and nutritious, the classrooms are cleaned more often and you see the entire place where your child will be spending the day (as opposed to dropping off at the door). In my personal experience (4+ Morahs, 3+daycares) if you find the right daycare, well run etc... you will be very happy!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:39 pm
Anyone have experience with playpointe? Lkwd/howell

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:40 pm
I really prefer the daycare setting for toddlers and preschoolers. Large spacious classrooms with big windows, fire escape plan, supervision on the morahs, 2 full time morahs plus a rotator as needed,hot lunches and snacks, beautiful indoor and outdoor play areas, open every day of the year...
$650 is super cheap for private daycare though. I pay $900 for one of the cheaper daycares in town.

momallhours

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Playpointe is $650 to pay privately?

cupcake123

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:50 pm
I've also sent to both chs and private. I prefer the private morahs. It's their business and the ones I've sent too are warm loving and love their job and want everyone to be happy.
In a daycare it's a hired position.
Although I do appreciate the pros of daycares: usually more space, morah gets a lunch break...

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:44 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I have sent to both a private morah's and CHS daycare. obviously every morah and every daycare are different. you cannot make blanket rules or statements. Overall, as good a morah is, what is her plan of action in case of an emergency. As warm and loving as she is, does she actually take care of the children all day or just cooks and schmoozes as she sees fit. you never really know what's happening behind closed doors. In a daycare, 1. the morahs are not at home. they have nothing to do their other then their jobs. If they slack/distracted too much, There is usually a director or higher up they will need to answer up to. 2. lunches are provided and usually warm and nutritious, the classrooms are cleaned more often and you see the entire place where your child will be spending the day (as opposed to dropping off at the door). In my personal experience (4+ Morahs, 3+daycares) if you find the right daycare, well run etc... you will be very happy!

Agree with everything. I sent to peekaboo for 2 years and I was so so happy. Much happier than when I sent to a morah in a house. And they hire very capable warm Morahs! I didn’t feel like I was compromising at all by sending to a legal daycare.

Perrys

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Pm me

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:03 pm
amother [ Lightgray ] wrote:
Agree with everything. I sent to peekaboo for 2 years and I was so so happy. Much happier than when I sent to a morah in a house. And they hire very capable warm Morahs! I didn’t feel like I was compromising at all by sending to a legal daycare.

Peek a boo is amazing!!!!!!

The director is incredible the morahs are warm

Giggl is their other location.

Play pointe was supposed to open last year but the director got overwhelmed trying to move one daycare and opening a second daycare so last min at the end of may iirc decided not to open

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:30 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Peek a boo is amazing!!!!!!

The director is incredible the morahs are warm

Giggl is their other location.

Play pointe was supposed to open last year but the director got overwhelmed trying to move one daycare and opening a second daycare so last min at the end of may iirc decided not to open

I sent to private morahs and now I send to Giggl. I am beyond thrilled there it is unbelievable.

The morahs are phenomenal, top rate.

Babies have proper supervision and accomodations, I love the transparency and knowing that there are no Doonas in the classroom and the morah is not making her kugel..

The accomodations are 5 star I can go on and on about it my kids are thrilled and I am even more!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:38 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Which daycare is it connected to?

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Babies have proper supervision and accomodations, I love the transparency and knowing that there are no Doonas in the classroom and the morah is not making her kugel..
On the other hand the morahs spend a lot of time shmoozing with each other. So it’s a trade off.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
On the other hand the morahs spend a lot of time shmoozing with each other. So it’s a trade off.

Yup, I'm happy they get the social stimulation LOL

Its still better for me than the kugel making situation!

I unfortunately had not such good experiences with private morahs..

Though I had one that I would drive across town for she is unbelievable

Like everything there is no blanket rule!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:56 pm
What about a private morah that's not in her house ? Rents a basement somewhere .

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 1:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Would you send to a chs legal place of private morah in a basement? I don't have chs but they told me they're charge me 650. Is that a lot ?
Private place is cheaper . But it's not all about the money.

Where did you find for $650? I also don't have CHS and looking for a daycare. Where did you end up sending?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 20 2022, 1:40 pm
I don't have the option to send to a legal daycare because the ones near my work/house wont' take private pay.
I have sent to daycare in the summer and once I was thrilled, the other time I was really disappointed.

honestly, most of the private morahs I sent to as a by the way were renting basements far away from their own home so no kugel or laundry at all. I've never BH had any problems and have always been thrilled to be able to chose my own morah that I researched...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics