Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Vien Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Maple

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:03 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
This is about the girls school, not the boys cheder. The school and cheder are by far NOT a comparison. The cheder is modern according to the school. The school is way more chassidish than the cheder.

Apparently this happens in every single mosdos in Monsey.... boys cheder couldn't care less about parents, girls school is the FBI looking to get you!

wifenmother

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:34 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Apparently this happens in every single mosdos in Monsey.... boys cheder couldn't care less about parents, girls school is the FBI looking to get you!

So not the case here... Vien school was established recently by the young Vien kehilla that is very chasidish compared to the cheder which was established some 30+ years ago at a time when Vien was not yet a 'chassidus' as it is today.

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:21 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:

It's like this because in many mosdos, the school and cheder have nothing to do with each others. It's separate vaad, separate administration, different parent body.
Vien school is a new school, the cheder is decades old. One has nothing with the other.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:27 am
I know many people that send there. Some up hats short jackets, though most are long jackets & biber hats. No chilled/modern chassidish.
Beware that it is very hard to get in and they may ask got a lot of money.

What's considered a lot of money to get in?

amother
IndianRed

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:22 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
What's considered a lot of money to get in?

$10K +
Other schools are also asking for money. There are schools that ask for money just for sending and application.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:35 pm
I heard the school is not as amazing as they hoped it would be. There are major politics going on, and one of the good principals left. Just saying what I overheard. No affiliation there.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I heard the school is not as amazing as they hoped it would be. There are major politics going on, and one of the good principals left. Just saying what I overheard. No affiliation there.

I send there. It’s very organized , adorable school…yes the principle left - but they have new principles & the school runs very smoothly… the students seem extremely happy…
It’s chasidish- more then the Cheder- and it’s EXTREMELY hard to get in… - they’ll do tons of research on u…
No driving mothers- no smartphones- wig - shoulder length-
They want the parents & students to look a certain way - in box style…- But very neutral - but they only accept’their style’

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:00 pm
I don't see a difference in all these chassidishe schools. Same rules same box. Why do we need more of these?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:47 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I don't see a difference in all these chassidishe schools. Same rules same box. Why do we need more of these?

A school is not all about the rules.
How is there staff? Do they pay there teachers nicely- is it a priority for them to have good experienced teachers? Do they have a good remedial department? Do they have any therapists that can help if a kid needs? How do they communicate with the parents- is a team effort? How is their curriculum?

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:49 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
How is there staff? Do they pay there teachers nicely- is it a priority for them to have good experienced teachers? Do they have a good remedial department? Do they have any therapists that can help if a kid needs? How do they communicate with the parents- is a team effort? How is their curriculum?

And not all schools have the same rules.
Not all schools are run the same.
Not all school share the same hashkafa regarding certain things.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:

Nice curriculum
Mostly excellent teachers - most first year teachers

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 2:23 pm
Teachers are good, some better than others. Fantastic remedial program BH!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
I send there. It’s very organized , adorable school…yes the principle left - but they have new principles & the school runs very smoothly… the students seem extremely happy…
It’s chasidish- more then the Cheder- and it’s EXTREMELY hard to get in… - they’ll do tons of research on u…
No driving mothers- no smartphones- wig - shoulder length-
They want the parents & students to look a certain way - in box style…- But very neutral - but they only accept’their style’

I know 4 ppl that send there.
2 have a smartphone (im sure there are more, besides yourself)
Two wear a covered shaitel..
One has drivers license, but not sure if she uses it.
Basically I dont see how they are different than pupa, belz, sanz, schools...

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I know 4 ppl that send there.
2 have a smartphone (im sure there are more, besides yourself)
Two wear a covered shaitel..
One has drivers license, but not sure if she uses it.
Basically I dont see how they are different than pupa, belz, sanz, schools...

In every school are there mothers with a smart phone. Let's not kid ourselves.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:48 pm
In every school are there mothers with a smart phone. Let's not kid ourselves.

They are extremely strict with smartphones- this year even more

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:55 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
They are extremely strict with smartphones- this year even more

They can be as strict as they want, but mothers will still have smartphones. It's inevitable.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:19 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

Agree with you lol.
Not sure why they call it Vien. My family is Vien and this is so not the real Vien style. This particular school is the same as Bobov.
What Monsey needs is Chassidish/Heimish real Vien style schools. Erlich parent body, parents look fine and driving is not an issue.
All my family members drive and husbands are serious learners, they look refined and have Erlich homes. I don't understand how it suddenly happened that it became all about driving. Where does driving even come in? So not something I understand, coming from a Chassidish Erlich family, where driving is a non issue and doesn't equate with Erlichkeit or not. It's necessary to drive in Monsey. And please don't tell me that when people who never drove, start driving, they go downhill. I live amongst many such neighbors, and this is so not the case.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:46 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Agree with you lol.
Not sure why they call it Vien. My family is Vien and this is so not the real Vien style. This particular school is the same as Bobov.
What Monsey needs is Chassidish/Heimish real Vien style schools. Erlich parent body, parents look fine and driving is not an issue.
All my family members drive and husbands are serious learners, they look refined and have Erlich homes. I don't understand how it suddenly happened that it became all about driving. Where does driving even come in? So not something I understand, coming from a Chassidish Erlich family, where driving is a non issue and doesn't equate with Erlichkeit or not. It's necessary to drive in Monsey. And please don't tell me that when people who never drove, start driving, they go downhill. I live amongst many such neighbors, and this is so not the case.

Yup it's a sad reality we live in. Driving is such a basic need in todays day and age in monsey. It's ridiculous to watch all these women (including myself!!!) shlepping through town and taking taxis when they would just love to sit into a car. It's beyond ridiculous. The only reason keeping me back from sitting into my car today is schools and chedarim. It's insane and everyone knows it including schools.

Don't want to derail thread. I can go on about it all day. sigh sigh sigh

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:42 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Agree with you lol.

You are 100000% right.

I always thought when crazy stories will become public with taking taxis, the schools will wake up... Sadly, there were many stories already, and they still refuse to acknowledge that interacting with taxi drivers, having their cell numbers, sending kids with them, seeing their phones, videos and girlfriends...is a much bigger problem than driving.

It's a stupid competition amongst the chassidish schools. None of them have the courage to change it.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:45 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
You are 100000% right.

I always thought when crazy stories will become public with taking taxis, the schools will wake up... Sadly, there were many stories already, and they still refuse to acknowledge that interacting with taxi drivers, having their cell numbers, sending kids with them, seeing their phones, videos and girlfriends...is a much bigger problem than driving.

It's a stupid competition amongst the chassidish schools. None of them have the courage to change it.

I think it makes their life easier when it comes to accepting. They make this rule. There are anyway enough applicants from non drivers so they aren't looking for more. They don't have to go through checking into driving mothers. They just block out that category, so so sad.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics