Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Spin off- chicken on the bone?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:32 am
DustyDiamonds wrote:
I hear you, and I don’t know anyone my parents age (60’s) who would be as squeamish as I am.

Then again my father used to shecht chickens in our yard before Yom Kippur. UGH! I couldn’t look!

Isn’t it normal that guys are more okay with visiting a slaughterhouse, and that trip would ruin a woman’s appetite?

It truly diminishes my appetite when I have skin and bones on my plate. I don’t mind being served a nice piece of roast chicken on the bone. But once I start eating it and there’s a growing percentage of the plate that’s skin and bones, I’ve lost my appetite! Wouldn’t you also, if a cows carcass was placed next to your dinner? So I’m a little more sensitive!

Sorry but I have no problem with any kind of bones even with a cow carrass Smile Skin and bones is a part of food for heaven's sake. In my world it simply isn't an issue.
That cow carrass and many other carrasses for that matter makes the best broth in the world Smile

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 1:58 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
No one was talking about evidence. I don't think anyone demand evidence either.
It has nothing to do with balanced balanced diet either.
Most people can learn if they want to IMHO but it takes some will.

You said that adults can learn to eat foods they don’t like. (Not sure your exact wording and too lazy to scroll back). It’s not true. It might be your experience or your opinion but it’s not correct. So you’re stating a “fact” but it’s wrong. So I’m saying there’s no evidence to support what you’re saying. You are wrong. Someone that is repulsed by a food at age 30 will probably never be able to eat it, at least not happily so.

(Ftr I eat chicken on the bones. But there are lots of other things I cannot eat without a lot of diffficulty )

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:43 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Boneless chicken thighs in the meat and poultry section? I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more people with chicken bone OCD in the next few years.

Better known as capons, they’ve been around for years

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Wow, I’m finding this thread quite insulting.

No, I don’t like chicken on the bone. I don’t like any dark meat (bone in or out) and I also don’t like eating chicken off the bone. I just don’t like it.

I’m not here to make anyone’s life difficult. If invited out, I will either not take chicken, or I will take a piece and eat it without making a big deal. I won’t bother you with my preferences. I don’t request only meals without chicken on the bone.

In my home, we have cutlets. My family is happy with cutlets. I don’t know why it bothers you so much.

Does no one here have things they don’t like? Broccoli? I love broccoli! I just don’t like chicken on the bone. But please don’t call me childish. It’s insulting and unnecessary.

Exactly! What’s with all the judgements about our personal food preferences?? They literally have no bearing on you. Like I said previously if you’re going to get offended by what someone puts or won’t put in their mouth then don’t invite them for a meal or make a meal for them. Zehu. This idea that it’s immature not to like certain foods no matter how “common” or “popular” they are is ludicrous. Hashem made each of us to have different strengths, character traits, personalities, quirks, likes, dislikes, and food preferences are just a small part of who we are.

Amarante

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:11 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Better known as capons, they’ve been around for years

Capons are castrated roosters. They are very rare now but my Bubbe would roast them because they were bigger.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette