Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What classy unique things do people do for Pidyon Habens?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:23 am
Where can I get Pidyon Haben related Cookie Molds, like coin shaped, gold chain shaped?

Cookie person says there are no Coin shaped Cookie molds available.

What other ideas do party planners and cake/cookie people do for Pidyon Habens (other than the typical baby shapes)?

tia

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 12:44 pm
bump

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:15 pm
bump

amother
Aster

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:19 pm
A Coin is pretty much a round mold Confused

DrMom

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:21 pm
Is a cookie mold like a cookie-cutter?

If so, aren't round cookie-cutters already coin-shaped? Can't you just make round cookies and decorate them to look like coins?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:28 pm
DrMom wrote:
Is a cookie mold like a cookie-cutter?

If so, aren't round cookie-cutters already coin-shaped? Can't you just make round cookies and decorate them to look like coins?

Thanks, I probably could but they wouldnt look professional.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, I probably could but they wouldnt look professional.

Ice them in gold or silver.
Put on chocolate numbers (can easily get chocolate number molds).
They should look great!

Or get chocolate coin molds (or even chanukah gelt) and just put on top of cookies.
Can spray them with gold luster dust to bring them up a level.

scruffy

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:40 pm
You can make gelt cookies.

https://overtimecook.com/2013/.....kies/

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:45 pm
I cant make anything myself, bec hall only allows food w Hechsherim. I was thinking if I find a mold for coins Id give it to cookie person.

Kumphort

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 11:48 pm
Just did a search on insta for pidyon haben tags. Didn’t see any coin cookies. Mostly fancy name cookies. Or generic baby stuff.

If you’re set on a coin then. What about chocolate covered “Oreo” decorated like a coin?

amother
Maple

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cant make anything myself, bec hall only allows food w Hechsherim. I was thinking if I find a mold for coins Id give it to cookie person.

If it's a professional cookie person, why wouldn't coin-decorated round cookies look professional?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 12:47 am
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
If it's a professional cookie person, why wouldn't coin-decorated round cookies look professional?

Cookie person says theres no coin cookie mold available now. They may be discontinued. Theres only coin chocolate molds, which ois a different thing. I thought I could find a coin cookie mold and give it to her.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:47 pm
bump

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where can I get Pidyon Haben related Cookie Molds, like coin shaped, gold chain shaped?

Cookie person says there are no Coin shaped Cookie molds available.

What other ideas do party planners and cake/cookie people do for Pidyon Habens (other than the typical baby shapes)?

tia

If you want coin cookies.

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/re.....okies

Penny 100 Cookie Cutter (Plastic, 2 inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....8CEAJ

Dime 100 Cookie Cutter (Plastic, 2 inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....1RR22

Nickel 100 Cookie Cutter (Plastic, 2 inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078.....RNV2T

mushkamothers

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:57 pm
Since you said classy, I'd skip the coin idea
Are you giving sugar and garlic? You can make those look very classy

Rose Petals

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:05 pm
Cookieceationsbyhindy makes them. I also do cookies & looking for the cutter but can’t find anywhere

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:27 am
If you really want to include the gold, what about having a bakery make you an assortment of cupcakes iced in different tones of blue icing with chocolate chanukah gelt in the middle of each? You could also go to a place like Amazing Savings or even Claire's and buy gold chains to decorate the serving platters. I think it would still be sweet if you decorated in baby boy decor and didn't specifically include the gold and chains or even decorated with blue and gold accents. Mazal tov and hope it's a wonderful simcha.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:30 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
If you really want to include the gold, what about having a bakery make you an assortment of cupcakes iced in different tones of blue icing with chocolate chanukah gelt in the middle of each? You could also go to a place like Amazing Savings or even Claire's and buy gold chains to decorate the serving platters. I think it would still be sweet if you decorated in baby boy decor and didn't specifically include the gold and chains or even decorated with blue and gold accents. Mazal tov and hope it's a wonderful simcha.

This sounds sweet but prob not the classy high end look ops going for

imaima

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 9:07 am
Why do you need this patchkeh if you can just get chocolate money like in Chanuka?! Why does it have to be a cookie?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics