Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Workshop ideas

frumie123

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:11 pm
Does anyone have interactive workshop ideas on how to teach middos? For the high school level. Thanks!

polka dots

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:46 pm
Can you be more specific with what you are looking to work on? You want an activity, how long...?

frumie123

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:14 am
Activities that will take approximately 40 minutes to do.
Example: working on being a good friend, v'ahavta l'reacha kamocha,

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:23 am
frumie123 wrote:
Activities that will take approximately 40 minutes to do.
Example: working on being a good friend, v'ahavta l'reacha kamocha,

Don't know if this works for you... My teacher once did it with us.

Half of the class got a paper that said What would you do if... and it had a situation where the right thing to do is a tad embarrassing... Like girl is talking loshon hora to you wwyd? or your mother asks you to wheel your grandfather in his wheelchair to a shiur wwyd....

The other half got a paper that said what would you think if you saw... and a situation where you see someone doing the right thing. For example: you look out of the window and you see your classmate pushing her grandfather in a wheelchair. Or you are in a group and one girl says I'd rather change the subject as this might fall into the category of lahson hora...

By majority everyone wrote how they would admire that girl. Wow, she is so special... taking her grandfather somewhere... wow! This girl is so courageous to speak up....

It showed us all that when you do the right thing with confidence, usually girls will admire you and look up to...

It gave me a lot of strength going forward to try to do the right thing even when embarrassing.

frumie123

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:58 pm
Wow, that is a beautiful idea!!! I'm looking for exactly these types of ideas.
Anyone have any other similar ideas?
I'm looking for interactive types of ways to teach middos tovos.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:08 pm
We each had to write a specific nice thing or compliment about every girl in the class. She did it in a fun way with each girl putting their name on a paper and after 2 minutes, we switched seats, everyonoe moving over one and filling in the paper on that girl's desk. Then she typed it up for us and every girl got her own paper of nice things her classmates had to say about her. She didn't tell us in advance that she'd do that. We thought it was just an exercise to force us to think about and focus on the positive of each girl, and that the papers would be thrown out after.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:24 am
Another way to do the compliment game.
You tape a storage bag onto every girls bag. You give out a list of compliments. Try to have many different types so there should be one that's applicable for everyone. Always on time, notices others, respectful towards teachers, neat and organized... I'm sure you can find such lists online.... Girls cut out up the list and walk around putting in compliments into other girls bag. This is fun because they get to walk around . Downside is that maybe some girls will get many more than others.

If you want everyone should get the same amount. Make an envelope for ever girl. You can even print their picture and stick it on. The whole class sits in a circle and when you say pass they pass the envelope and the girls write something nice about the girl whos envelope she got. Either they get empty papers and they write it alone. Or you give list to give them ideas.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 1:13 am
Bumping this thread. Does anyone have ideas for shabbos interactive workshop ideas? TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics