Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Help! Chasidish Melamedim Shabbas Hisvadas...What to wear?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:53 pm
I am having a shabbas hisvadas for all melamdim and their wives..What should I wear? Are robes allowed or it's just dresses all day? Are ladies wearing snoods or it's only wigs all day? Anyone who attended such an event can help me out, please?

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:54 pm
You can technically wear whatever you want, but in my experience having gone to many shabbatons, chassidish and non chassidish crowds, most women are dressed and wear a wig all shabbos. Some are in robes fridge night, but no snoods really.

Sunshiny

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 11:59 pm
Thanks!

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:08 am
I think it's the type of thing that you should ask other attending . It might be specific to whatever mosod or community it is.

I would just take along everything lol. Get dressed nice. If others are in robes and you're dressed I don't think you'll feel bad. But if everyone is dressed and you'll be in a robe you might feel out of place. Thats what me is thinking...

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:08 am
I think in general whenever you go with strangers, it is formal wear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note