Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Burnt out
Previous  1  2

amother
Almond

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 7:39 am
imorethanamother wrote:
Oh, and by the way I’m going to go remote on fridays from now on, thanks!

I agree with everything you said until here. This crosses a line into obnoxious and not being a team player. If you want to have a sit down meeting with the boss and have a conversation about how you need to work remote on Fridays, go for it, but don’t do it like this!

amother
Peru

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 8:53 am
You definitely are burnt out, sounds like. You need a change and you need to set a plan to do it. Sometimes vacation is not enough. There also needs to be a plan in place to change current work pattern that has lead to burn out to begin with. Burn out is not always about just working long hours with little break.

BTDT. For me, aside from scheduling days off (Fridays off! yay!), I resist the urge to “yes” to things I don’t want to do or don’t believe is useful. I try not to equate work with success or self worth. It’s hard though in our society and ego is involved.

For the vast majority of us, work is just work. Unless your curing cancer or discovering a method for cold fusion or happen to be leader of the free world, try to keep some realistic perspective to guide future work goals and decisions.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:58 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I agree with everything you said until here. This crosses a line into obnoxious and not being a team player. If you want to have a sit down meeting with the boss and have a conversation about how you need to work remote on Fridays, go for it, but don’t do it like this!

Yeah, I was being a little glib. Considering most companies aren’t doling out huge raises and it doesn’t sound like a little vacation is going to cut it, she needs to explore ways to make this job suit her. If the boss refuses then maybe it is time to jump ship. It’s not easy to leave a sure job though.

OP, daven that you can get a job that’s way easier! Maybe call headhunters?

amother
Canary

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 6:01 pm
I’m done.

I decided I need quality of life, so I resigned.
Will contract and hope for the best.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:37 pm
oh my - would love to hear how you are doing. I was following this post because I am in a super similar position.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics