Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I need help getting started

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 8:00 am
I had a big wakeup call yesterday. The thing is, this is not the first time I've had a wakeup call, so I know by now how it goes. I panic. Try to do something outlandish or insist I'm never eating bread again and will exercise and hour a day etc. Of course I might drop some pounds but I never end up keeping it off, rinse and repeat. I know ultimately I need to sustain. But also, if it goes too slowly, I don't see results and get discouraged. I don't even know what I want. Maybe drop 10 quickly and then level off to something more manageable and sustainable. I don't know. Any ideas????

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 8:03 am
Following.

I'm in the same situation.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:03 am
Can you share what the wake up call was
Scale?
Medical exam?
Huffing and puffing?

How much weight do you need to lose for your height

Did you ever tried weight watchers. It never worked for me, but some ppl rave about it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:22 am
Scale. I have also tried weight watchers in the past and it doesn't work for me. I have 60 lbs to lose.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Scale. I have also tried weight watchers in the past and it doesn't work for me. I have 60 lbs to lose.

Are u me?I can't see to get any momentum going. I lose little bits and then regain over and over and over.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 11:45 am
It's just such a scary number... at this point, I'd be happy to lose just 15 or 20 and stay there for awhile

amother
Clear

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:13 pm
Taking on too much at a time can feel so overwhelming. How about focusing on one habit a week so that you can feel accomplished and successful without being overwhelmed.
Ex: more water/15 min exercise 3 times a week/getting to sleep an hour earlier/protein at every meal etc.
Each week add one on while keeping up with the previous habit.
In terms of exercise, it's good to find something you enjoy. Everyone has something else...some people enjoy dancing, other ppl like running, some like weights, some enjoy diff types of classes...find what works for you and start with just 2/3 times a week. When you feel ready, you can add on more.
Good luck!!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 5:20 pm
As always, happy to send the nsng pdf
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise