Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
FSA what to use for
1  2  Next

relaxation

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:51 pm
Any ideas what things I can use the extra money I have on my FSA card? B''h I have insurance and don't need to pay for appointments

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:54 pm
Copays and deductible.

I don't have an FSA anymore (my company moved to HSA) but that's what I used to use it for. Plus any prescription copays. It can also be used for medical equipment, like eyeglasses, contacts, dentist costs, etc....

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:58 pm
If you have a HSA, you are not allowed to use FSA for medical expenses, only dental and vision.
If you do not have a HSA, you can use FSA funds for medical, dental, and vision.

Visit www.thefsastore.com to see the wide range of stuff that FSA covers.
You can go to any pharmacy and swipe your FSA card for approved items.

It's good you are asking, because FSA funds not used by year's end (or sometimes with 90 day extension) are often lost.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:59 pm
Band aids
Over the counter meds
Menstrual pads
Travel to dr
Sunscreen
Contacts
Dentist
Glasses

singleagain

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:03 pm
I bought a breast pump.

I second looking at the fsa store website posted up thread. Also if you go to Amazon search FSA eligible

miami85

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:17 pm
Glasses or contact lenses? Look through your local pharmacy website and you should be able to see what items are FSA approved--tylenol, motrin, sudafed etc.

relaxation

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:24 pm
Can I use it for alternative medicine ? (accupuncture cranio sacral therapy ?)

I recently called a place and they said it's not covered while I hear from others that it is.

Can it be used for gym memberships ? Massage ?

And Btw this is not one of those that you pay for a service and get reimbursed. It's a debit card that you pay direct.

singleagain

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:33 pm
Actually yes you can use it for massage I know I use it at my massage envy

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 1:59 pm
relaxation wrote:
Can I use it for alternative medicine ? (accupuncture cranio sacral therapy ?)

I recently called a place and they said it's not covered while I hear from others that it is.

Can it be used for gym memberships ? Massage ?

And Btw this is not one of those that you pay for a service and get reimbursed. It's a debit card that you pay direct.

I have a debit card too. Sometimes it doesn't work even for FSA approved items and you can still submit for reimbursement. I use it for therapy Wink

gr82no

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:03 pm
What is fsa?

singleagain

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:14 pm
gr82no wrote:
What is fsa?

Flexible spending account.

They take pre-tax dollars from your insurance salary whatever and put it into an account for medical stuff

Which is why it's really stupid that you lose it if you don't use it because I mean it's your money in the first place.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:18 pm
singleagain wrote:
Flexible spending account.

They take pre-tax dollars from your insurance salary whatever and put it into an account for medical stuff

Which is why it's really stupid that you lose it if you don't use it because I mean it's your money in the first place.

I thought it was optional to set up FSA ACCOUNT. I never did because my insurance covers everything

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:19 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I thought it was optional to set up FSA ACCOUNT. I never did because my insurance covers everything

It is optional. But usually useful imo. You can use it towards glasses, contacts, pads etc and don't pay tax on that money.

singleagain

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:27 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
It is optional. But usually useful imo. You can use it towards glasses, contacts, pads etc and don't pay tax on that money.

Yes exactly what seablue says above

I've actually adjusted how much I get each year based on what I think I'm going to need whether that's like money for copays for therapy or you know if I was planning a some sort of big medical thing

It even covers my thinx and stuff like that

relaxation

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:43 pm
Does anyone know what the deal is with alternative medicine ?

sunburst

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:15 pm
I use it for my son's and daughter's braces. I take the most I can deduct (which was 2850 in 2022) and it still isn't enough. I also use it for eyeglasses contacts and dental work.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:12 pm
relaxation wrote:
Does anyone know what the deal is with alternative medicine ?

Natural ways to cure your body as opposed to using medication every time you sneeze ;-)

relaxation

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 5:16 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Natural ways to cure your body as opposed to using medication every time you sneeze ;-)
Thank You ! I meant if it's covered by FSA. (would also appreciate a recommendation of someone who accepts if covered)

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 6:38 pm
relaxation wrote:
Thank You ! I meant if it's covered by FSA. (would also appreciate a recommendation of someone who accepts if covered)

If they have a license and NPI number than it should work. You may need to submit a receipt.

relaxation

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:07 am
Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics