Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you tell the teacher about stress at home?
Previous  1  2

amother
Red

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:49 pm
It depends. On who the teacher is & if you think them knowing will be helpful. On how badly your child will display symptoms at school.

If your child will be extremely obvious, they might think your child has pandas badly and needs one to one help and not be in a classroom- to- might miss a few homeworks and a few lower grades.

It is very dependent on the particulars really.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:36 pm
I am so surprised - been in chinuch for 30 years----do parents truly think we do not care???????????????????????????????????????????????? Come on now- we spend 9 hours a day with your child. If there is something going on at home (even a new sibling) share with us- we need to help your child, too. And many of us- really do care!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 9:42 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
It depends. On who the teacher is & if you think them knowing will be helpful. On how badly your child will display symptoms at school.

If your child will be extremely obvious, they might think your child has pandas badly and needs one
to one help and not be in a classroom- to- might miss a few homeworks and a few lower grades.

It is very dependent on the particulars really.

You know it's an imamother thread when pandas makes its way in šŸ˜ what was that a typo for?

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:23 pm
Sadly, I didnā€™t even think that was a typo. I just figured it was the usual suspects throwing PANDAS into yet another thread

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 10:38 pm
As a teacher I would def say it's in your childs best interest if the teacher knows. (Obvs can't tell you what to do if the teacher is a moron.)
Oftentime, kids act out, don't get their homework done, etc. and as teachers we are always trying to "enforce the rules". We are human and it's easy to forget to look past the actions of the child and dig for something deeper.
Telling the teacher will mean that he/she will have extra patience and understanding with your child. Instead of giving the child a consequence, we will be kinder knowing there is more than what we see on the surface.

imamommy613

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:05 pm
Definitely share. It helps the teacher understand your child and why the child is all of a sudden behaving differently.
Ofcours if itā€™s private stuff Iā€™d just say weā€™re are going through a difficult time at this point and my child is for sure affected by itā€¦.

Imateacher

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 3:11 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I feel like in this day and age most children have something, whether it's a challenging sibling, parents working long hours, new baby, whatever. I think a good teacher should be understanding of children and it shouldn't need to be spelt out.
I personally don't like things on the record as it often comes back to haunt you. If someone separates and then they get back together, it was public knowledge and it will be there on record somewhere and people know. Throughout the rest of school, the parents will feel the strain of every time their child is struggling, the school will suspect their marriage is in trouble again.

I agree completely. I went through a separation but told no one. Iā€™m now back together and Iā€™m happy it wasnā€™t so public and out there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics