Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to buy DH a new tallis?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:41 am
B"H we've been married long enough that DH's tallis is worn out and starting to get threadbare in a few spots. He'd like to get a new one, but we're not originally from Brooklyn, so don't know where to go. Any recommendations for a place with good prices and helpful service? We're Ashkenazi litvish, so nothing fancy - no atara, no extra stripes, etc., just a standard, typical tallis.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 9:59 am
Keter has best prices

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 11:00 am
DH is very into talleisim, and I just asked him for you.

He said if you want to go to a store in Brooklyn, Eichlers or Greenfield’s Judaica.

Eichlers has the Keter line, which is very nice.

The Chosson Center has Mefoar or Keter. This store has better prices than most other places, and he doesn’t charge shipping: https://www.noyvehadar.com/Default.asp

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
DH is very into talleisim, and I just asked him for you.

He said if you want to go to a store in Brooklyn, Eichlers or Greenfield’s Judaica.

Eichlers has the Keter line, which is very nice.

The Chosson Center has Mefoar or Keter. This store has better prices than most other places, and he doesn’t charge shipping: https://www.noyvehadar.com/Default.asp

Thanks for the info. What's the difference between Keter line and Mefoar? And if I want to buy the Keter line, is there a reason to buy it at Eichlers or Chosson Center when I could go directly to the Keter store as recommended by the poster above you?

Motherhood

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 11:31 am
When I wanted to get a new Tallis for dh, I took his old one to mefoar and they were able to match an exact one for me. The kind of stripes, the length etc

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 12:46 pm
We usually get from keter itself in boro park. (my sons wear from a young age as per dh's minhag.) They have all the options (stripes color, different types of tzitzis, etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries