Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Severe anxiety

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:36 pm
My baby is almost 10 months
Since about 2 months or so whenever she didn't see me she would start shrieking uncontrollably
It is getting worse as she's getting older, it's so so weird, I need to be constantly next to her or holding her
She looks like she is petrified, she looks like she has some type of really bad anxiety if that makes sense

Anyone had this before or has any insight to what's going on,

oneofakind

Post Fri, May 13 2022, 2:39 pm
This is the age for severe separation anxiety. Hope it passes soon.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 6:02 pm
oneofakind wrote:
This is the age for severe separation anxiety. Hope it passes soon.

No this has been going on since like 2 months Maybe even earlier

The age is 9 months usually

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 6:14 pm
Was she in the NICU?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 6:31 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
Was she in the NICU?

No, she roomed with me

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 6:50 pm
I would go alternative here, either homeopathy, body code, health kinesiology, EFT, craniosacral therapy... Of course you can talk to her, validate and reassure her.

amother
Marigold

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 8:03 pm
total get you my anxious kid was that way since birth. she had very strong reflex she would jump whe. a door banged shut as a newborn. when she was was 2 month old she already realized when I put her over in somone elses hand. for a stranger she would cry and stop immediately when back to me. and other people she knew she would just lay quietly. sometimes between 7-9 months she had a fear of water. she was also always a very cautious baby. she had lots of fears o.t helped as a toddler. now, still a bit cautious. little more intense socially anxious in total new settings but otherwise a smart happy fun kid that loves her family friennds once shes comfortable she fine with no fears

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 8:24 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I would go alternative here, either homeopathy, body code, health kinesiology, EFT, craniosacral therapy... Of course you can talk to her, validate and reassure her.

Yep, cranio is the only thing that helped for my baby who was like this from day 1!

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 8:33 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
total get you my anxious kid was that way since birth. she had very strong reflex she would jump whe. a door banged shut as a newborn. when she was was 2 month old she already realized when I put her over in somone elses hand. for a stranger she would cry and stop immediately when back to me. and other people she knew she would just lay quietly. sometimes between 7-9 months she had a fear of water. she was also always a very cautious baby. she had lots of fears o.t helped as a toddler. now, still a bit cautious. little more intense socially anxious in total new settings but otherwise a smart happy fun kid that loves her family friennds once shes comfortable she fine with no fears

My severely anxious child would also jump at unexpected loud noises as an infant, but was otherwise a very calm, happy baby, no separation anxiety until age 2.
My child with HF ASD, though, would look terrified from under 3 months old when I was out of view, and would scream a lot. Happens to be, although DC has some issues, this child is a really calm, loving, friendly, lovable kid.

amother
Almond

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 9:10 pm
My 10 month old is also like this. I think it’s a developmental stage. He cries every time he sees me walking away. If I’m sitting next to him , he plays happily.

pecan

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:09 pm
Does she have a babysitter? Make sure there are no real concerns
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics