Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
So many threads about male Newborn diaper leaks

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:48 pm
Im reading so many threads about Newborn boys leaking out of their diapers.

My newborn son wakes up soaked all the way up his back, almost every diaper change.

None that I read had any amazing helpful solution other than change brand of diapers or change size of diapers. Two threads had mothers mentioning its diabetes related.

Is there a more helpful solution?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:49 pm
Point his private part down when diapering him. I also found it helpful to double diaper him.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:51 pm
Not sure how newborn he is but I found the guest few days after the bris was impossible not to soak through. Maybe due to the ointment or bandage? A few days later when he was healed, we barely had leaks.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Not sure how newborn he is but I found the guest few days after the bris was impossible not to soak through. Maybe due to the ointment or bandage? A few days later when he was healed, we barely had leaks.

We're about 10 days after Bris. No more bandage or ointments.

amother
Green

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:52 pm
Just want to add that I had this problem with my baby girl but not boy 🤷‍♀️ Tried everything and nothing really worked

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:53 pm
Are there diaper liners that help?

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:54 pm
Point that willy down.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 10:56 pm
Did you try sizing up? I know you said you saw those solutions but it's the #1 reason and it fixes it most people. The other thing is be sure to point it down when you put the diaper on. I also changed my babies at every feeding when they were young.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:02 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Did you try sizing up? I know you said you saw those solutions but it's the #1 reason and it fixes it most people. The other thing is be sure to point it down when you put the diaper on. I also changed my babies at every feeding when they were young.

Hes about 8 pounds and wearing a size 1 Target up and up that many people like... I cant see him being ready for size 2.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hes about 8 pounds and wearing a size 1 Target up and up that many people like... I cant see him being ready for size 2.

Try it many babies need size 2 early. Never go by the pounds on the box.

987gold

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:22 pm
In addition to the advice above, pull out all the tabs around the legs. Pull the diaper up in bag after closing diaper. It will leak if its too big. Maybe close it tighter??

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:29 pm
987gold wrote:
Pull the diaper up in bag after closing diaper.

what does this mean?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:31 pm
It really is about going up a size and pointing the genitals down.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Please try a different brand. I know everyone raves about up and up but I've tried it so many times for each of my kids in different sizes and I HATE up and up. they ALWAYS leaked no matter what. I switch and the leak pratically stops.

amother
Banana

Post Sat, May 14 2022, 11:50 pm
OK I had this and everyone was telling me to point it down and I kept on telling them that I did! I was changing him multiple times a day and was super frustrating. He was a small baby so we were in size newborn. I even tried size one even though they were big and they just made the problem worse and he was leaking down his legs in addition to up his back. He ended up having his bris late at a month old and once he had the bris we no longer had the issue. I know that’s not an explanation but that’s what happened

Lh291

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what does this mean?

I think she means pull up in back.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:48 am
Target daipers are pretty thin didn't work for me.. try Pampers or Milly moon from target ( a bit cheaper then pampers) almost never leaked. Also be sure to untuck the ruffle by legs sometimes this gets tucked in and then there is a opening that will cause leakage.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 12:59 am
Try pampers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics