Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sanz girls school monsey
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:27 am
We are planning on moving to Monsey, does anyone have info Sanz girls school?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 8:44 am
Beautiful positive atmosphere. amazing staff and teachers. Very nice curriculum and extra programs.

Very chassidish, but neutral. Think beige tights, some covered sheitels some not, no driving policy-l'm sure with some exceptions, Yiddish speaking.

Good luck getting in...

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:06 am
I send there. I thank hashem every day that my girls are in the most wonderful school in existence! I don't think there's any other school of such calliber, bh bh.
Real neutral type, a good mix of simple families, Bais Rochel type families, regular chassidish families. Many mom's & staff in black tights. No crazy rules, really tzee gut in tzee leit.
Though good luck getting accepted, it's no easy feat. (Like any other school in Monsey.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:06 am
Money talks?

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Money talks?

You can definitely try your luck, but you have to be the type of family they accept. They had bad luck with some more cool chassidish which were sent from the school since.
They don't have parallel classes, so they don't have much room. Once they open parallel, they'll be able to accept more. I think they don't take more than 26 per class.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Money talks?

Yes big time!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:15 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yes big time!

They ask for amount or we need to offer? What range?

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Make an offer and see what they say.
I know people that were asked for $20K+.
(Many schools ask for money.)

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Well you need to see why they say no. If it’s shtisim you offer money but unfortunately your talking about $25,000 to get in

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:24 am
Amother Ruby and Amother Hawthorn, do you send there as well?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:25 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Amother Ruby and Amother Hawthorn, do you send there as well?

I don’t but a few of my friends do

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Make an offer and see what they say.
I know people that were asked for $20K+.
(Many schools ask for money.)

Did you get in with money? Do you still feel they are here just to take my money? I am a bit afraid of having that feeling in a relationship with my child's school

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did you get in with money? Do you still feel they are here just to take my money? I am a bit afraid of having that feeling in a relationship with my child's school

It's not that kind of place at all. I'm a a little surprised reading here that they accept when offering so much money because it's not that type of place.

I guess if it comes down to two families they'll take the one that offers money? I don't know.

I don't send there. My close friend does and she literally sings their praises. She didn't get in by offering up her life savings! She got in when it was still small and now can get her later girls in too. They are very frum and erlich, but not the fbi (as someone said on another thread about girls schools). They don't hound you with rules, but try to instill it in the girls in a genuine way.

My sister also sends there and is very happy bh.

They are not the money hungry type but reading upthread, I guess money talks?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:34 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:
It's not that kind of place at all. I'm a a little surprised reading here that they accept when offering so much money because it's not that type of place.

I guess if it comes down to two families they'll take the one that offers money? I don't know.

I don't send there. My close friend does and she literally sings their praises. She didn't get in by offering up her life savings! She got in when it was still small and now can get her later girls in too. They are very frum and erlich, but not the fbi (as someone said on another thread about girls schools). They don't hound you with rules, but try to instill it in the girls in a genuine way.

My sister also sends there and is very happy bh.

They are not the money hungry type but reading upthread, I guess money talks?

When they opened they accepted much easier they needed to build a name, but now it’s money talks since they have waiting lists.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I did not get in with money, my girls are there since the school opened bh. They're really not money hungry, but they're building now and need the money. They're following the lead of other schools that ask for money. If you're not the type they're looking for, they won't accept you regardless. If they feel like a family is taking advantage of their policy of not having tons of rules, that family will be sent. They want to keep the school at a certain standard yet they don't want parents and students to feel like they're choked by rules.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it's only human nature.. If the school is full, then for money they'll extend themselves to accommodate another student. Or if there is one slot with plenty of applicants, why should one get the slot over another student? money talks..

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:41 am
I am also looking into this school. Can you tell me more about the parent body? What type of people send there?

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:37 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
I am also looking into this school. Can you tell me more about the parent body? What type of people send there?

Mostly simple, ehrlich, down to earth families. Many fathers are in kollel/learning/chinuch.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
I did not get in with money, my girls are there since the school opened bh. They're really not money hungry, but they're building now and need the money. They're following the lead of other schools that ask for money. If you're not the type they're looking for, they won't accept you regardless. If they feel like a family is taking advantage of their policy of not having tons of rules, that family will be sent. They want to keep the school at a certain standard yet they don't want parents and students to feel like they're choked by rules.

how old is the school? is it the same people running it since it opened or they keep shifting responsibility to others like many young schools?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 5:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how old is the school? is it the same people running it since it opened or they keep shifting responsibility to others like many young schools?

Me rosenberg opened it and he’s the same one running it
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics