Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Rav Chaim ZTL, Rav Eliyashiv ZTL, Reb Kanievsky A"H video

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:53 pm
Hi! I am so inspired watching this video of Rav Chaim ZTL, Rav Eliyashiv ZTL, Reb Kanievsky A"H. I wish I could understand it. Does anyone know Yiddish who could translate this video for me? Willing to pay if necessary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....lauer

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:16 pm
Wow !! Thanks so so much for sharing!! !!

amother
White

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:45 pm
Didnt watch the video but if the third person is the late Rav Kanievsky and
not a distant cousin of his who was an accountant or shopkeeper, I'm curious to know why the first two got called Rav ZTL and Kanievsky was blessed with just a garden variety Reb A"H and not even the rightful dignity of Rav? Reb is an honorific applied to respected laymen, not rabbanim.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:48 pm
not a distant cousin of his who was an accountant or shopkeeper, I'm curious to know why the first two got called Rav ZTL and Kanievsky was blessed with just a garden variety Reb A"H and not even the rightful dignity of Rav? Reb is an honorific applied to respected laymen, not rabbanim.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:00 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

I think she meant Reb. the shortcut for Rebetzin

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:

You’re probably not familiar with gedolim because Rav Chaim ZTL is Rav Kanievsky. Reb Kanievsky AH is Rebbetzin Kanievsky. This is the way people refer to them which is with the utmost honor and kovod.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:32 pm
Can you embed the video and I will try to translate.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:32 pm
Hi can anyone help me, I'm trying to convert this youtube video of R'Chaim zt''l into a mp4 file so I can save it on my computer for my kids to see. Techloq won't open any youtube converter websites for me.

Any ideas how I can do it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:33 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
Can you embed the video and I will try to translate.

mommymama

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 3:17 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
Hi can anyone help me, I'm trying to convert this youtube video of R'Chaim zt''l into a mp4 file so I can save it on my computer for my kids to see. Techloq won't open any youtube converter websites for me.

Any ideas how I can do it?

I can do it for you and email you it if you want.

English3

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 3:34 pm
The rebetzin tells her father an interesting story about her neighbour. It was Yom Kippur and the man left his house in the morning before he left he notices that all five of his fish were standing in the direction of mizrach. He thought that they were dead later in the day he showed his wife that they are all standing to mizrach. After Neila they all started swimming. The rebetzin asks her father what does this mean and he laughs. Rav elyashiv asks Rav Chaim what he thinks and he laughs too. The rav asks for clarification and she repeats herself and rav elyashiv says it's a neis.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational