Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Just walking 1/2 hour a day every day and circuit training

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:19 pm
Just out of curiosity - I am sure I can google this but wondering if others have real life experience. I am 5 6 and weigh around 160. I have a slim look but definitely need to lose around 10 lbs. I don't have time to make food as I work full time and have a house full of little kids. I do want to take care of myself though. I started walking 1/2 hour a day every day for the past week and doing some weight bearing machines. I have a fast metabolism bh and am not nor never was what you would consider "overweight" but not good at all with exercise. I have an unusually sedentary lifestyle unfortunately.

If I continune to simply exercise and weight train daily - but eat my same way will I slim down and lose weight and if so how quickly. Looking for stories of experiences.

My general eating is:
breakfast - oatmeal with strawberries and almond butter
lunch - bagel and butter and salad- lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta
supper - chicken rice veggies
snacks - vary throughout day such as smirk bar and will drink soda as well

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just out of curiosity - I am sure I can google this but wondering if others have real life experience. I am 5 6 and weigh around 160. I have a slim look but definitely need to lose around 10 lbs. I don't have time to make food as I work full time and have a house full of little kids. I do want to take care of myself though. I started walking 1/2 hour a day every day for the past week and doing some weight bearing machines. I have a fast metabolism bh and am not nor never was what you would consider "overweight" but not good at all with exercise. I have an unusually sedentary lifestyle unfortunately.

If I continune to simply exercise and weight train daily - but eat my same way will I slim down and lose weight and if so how quickly. Looking for stories of experiences.

My general eating is:
breakfast - oatmeal with strawberries and almond butter
lunch - bagel and butter and salad- lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and feta
supper - chicken rice veggies
snacks - vary throughout day such as smirk bar and will drink soda as well

Change the bagel to whole wheat bread. Change the smirk bar to one or two squares dark chocolate, and eat a couple of pieces of fruit - like apples and pears.

Don’t drink soda with sugar. Try to limit diet soda. Drink more water.
Have some nuts.
Diet will do more than exercise for losing weight, unless you exercise very vigorously.
It’s good to move around though.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:36 pm
In my experience exercise didn’t help with weight loss. It did give me an overall slimmer look.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:38 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
In my experience exercise didn’t help with weight loss. It did give me an overall slimmer look.

Yes- I guess my OP was not clear. I don't really care about scale numbers. I just want to have a nice, neater, firmer, slimmer look. Will exercise without really working on my diet help with that?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes- I guess my OP was not clear. I don't really care about scale numbers. I just want to have a nice, neater, firmer, slimmer look. Will exercise without really working on my diet help with that?

Strength training will make you look more toned. I don’t know if walking will achieve that.
I exercised 4 times a week for 6 months, doing ab exercises arms and legs, with weights, and lost about 2 inches off my waist and stomach and an inch everywhere else, while staying the same weight.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 1:52 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Strength training will make you look more toned. I don’t know if walking will achieve that.
I exercised 4 times a week for 6 months, doing ab exercises arms and legs, with weights, and lost about 2 inches off my waist and stomach and an inch everywhere else, while staying the same weight.

How long did you exercise for? At home or in the gym? Anything you can link?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:28 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
How long did you exercise for? At home or in the gym? Anything you can link?

I worked with a personal trainer for 30 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise