Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please help me help my sensitive son

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:23 pm
My son, 7.5, is smart, highly talented, athletic, a real artist, great with babies, responsible, understanding, and a deep thinker.

He is also very sensitive, and finds it hard to navigate the social scene in school. He is very self aware, not sure who is considered a friend and who is not... the boys in his class are over all very nice, but they are regular boys and he is very sensitive. He gets affected very negatively by roughness that other boys understand as a friendly gestures (chatting in class, slap on the back, etc.)

All this really affects his behaviour at home and performance in school. He is also very unhappy most of the time and I would really like to help him.

I feel like if he was a sensitive girl it wouldn't be nearly as bad... he is in fact a bit girly... We are at a loss of how to help him and who to turn to. Crying Crying Crying Crying

amother
Milk

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 2:34 pm
Have you looked into social skills classes for him? I know some people who send their kids to therapy to understand and learn to navigate social scenes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 3:58 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Have you looked into social skills classes for him? I know some people who send their kids to therapy to understand and learn to navigate social scenes.

In a group or one on one? I feel like he won't be too inclined to do either one, I need to be sure that it's someone who can actually help him if I'm going to try.

Any specific suggestions?

Also the social skills is not the only problem, I think any stressors would to it to him... it's just what he is going through right now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics