Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Pool alarm suggestions

noidea

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 6:18 pm
Bought house with pool ,it is gated and entrance has a lock but still nervous
what alarm is good to get? pool alarm google search shows products with very poor reviews

mommish613

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 5:44 am
There is a new device that came out recently called the Swam Cam

https://www.theswamcam.com/

I don’t own one but the concept behind it looks really cool

happy chick

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 5:55 am
This really does look cool. It says it scans the area for human detection, but can it differentiate between human and animal? Or will it scare the heck out of you every time a frog jumps in the pool?

Amarante

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:13 am
If you are nervous about safety or neighborhood kids accessing pool when you aren't home, you might consider a retractable pool cover.

These are the safest as you can literally walk on the cover without being in danger so even if a child happened to wander into the pool area there would be no way they could drown. There is also no way for them to get under the pool cover.

mommish613

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:31 am
The pool covers are great for nighttime or when away but I think most moms are concerned specifically about their own children when they are home

Amarante

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:33 am
mommish613 wrote:
The pool covers are great for nighttime or when away but I think most moms are concerned specifically about their own children when they are home

Why wouldn't you keep the pool covered except when you want the children to use the pool?

Why would you uncover it unless you are using the pool?

mommish613

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:19 am
Amarante wrote:
Why wouldn't you keep the pool covered except when you want the children to use the pool?

Why would you uncover it unless you are using the pool?

Well the first thing is price- from what I remember electronic cover that’s strong enough to hold an elefant is up words of 10k.

Also, people with pools often have guests coming in and out all day. I don’t know how practical it is to close the cover every single time, or if people always remember. What happens when a child needs the bathroom? it’s not always to practice to wait the few minutes it takes to open and close it.

The people I know who have built in electronic cover use it strictly nighttime but it could be others close it multiple times a day.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:44 am
mommish613 wrote:
Well the first thing is price- from what I remember electronic cover that’s strong enough to hold an elefant is up words of 10k.

Also, people with pools often have guests coming in and out all day. I don’t know how practical it is to close the cover every single time, or if people always remember. What happens when a child needs the bathroom? it’s not always to practice to wait the few minutes it takes to open and close it.

The people I know who have built in electronic cover use it strictly nighttime but it could be others close it multiple times a day.

I am not suggesting it in lieu of a gate but I don't understand your scenario.

If anyone is EVER using a pool there needs to be someone out there. Even adults or very strong swimmers shouldn't be in the poo. alone.

Why would you need to close the pool cover if a child leaves for a minute or so since there would have to be an adult there to supervise the other children if the child were coming back.

Yes the covers are expensive but so is a pool in terms of maintenance. Also I would imagine that the insurance premiums are lower if one has better safety measures.

mommish613

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:06 am
Amarante wrote:
I am not suggesting it in lieu of a gate but I don't understand your scenario.

If anyone is EVER using a pool there needs to be someone out there. Even adults or very strong swimmers shouldn't be in the poo. alone.

Why would you need to close the pool cover if a child leaves for a minute or so since there would have to be an adult there to supervise the other children if the child were coming back.

Firstly, I was referring to a child that is not old enough to leave to use bathroom alone. The adult on guard (if there was only one) would need to leave (with anyone else that’s there) to take said child to the bathroom.

What happens if they rush to leave the pool area and the last one out didn’t lock the door properly and once inside mom decides to keep everyone in because it’s getting cold. Or an older child decides to climb the gate before mom had a chance to go back to close the cover.

These are the scenarios that an alarm is made for. Not in lieu of a gate, not in lieu of adult supervising.

It’s for a time when no one is expected to be at the pool and a child somehow finds their way in unsupervised.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars