Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Paint help

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:43 am
Need paint recommendations.

I have an old room that im trying to turn into a guest room. The right paint color will do a lot of good for this room.

There is light wood floor in the room. I havent bought any of the furniture yet but I want the paint to be neutral enough that I can do any colors when decorating.

I was thinking of a very light creamy color or a white-gray (not a real gray). Painter is using benjamin moore paint.. any suggestions? I am going to buy samples but dont want to buy too many.. trying to narrow it down and then buy the samples.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:21 am
Classic Grey is a very light creamy Grey. Try it on your walls first. I used it and like how it looks.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 12:55 pm
It is hard to advise because the light in the room will alter how colors look.

You can get free paint chips from paint stores - or at least you could when I looked at paint. I brought home a lot of them and taped them to the wall. I then took time to look at the chips at various times of the day and at night with the artificial lights. I would eliminate the ones I didn't look by taking them off the wall and eventually I got down to just a few.

I will say as a general rule that colors are either warm or cool. I have a very neutral color on my walls but I would say it is warm - a very light subtle creamy beige. I would give you the name but it wouldn't help because it isn't BM

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:07 pm
Classic Gray is probably what you are looking for
Chantilly Lace, Simply White, and White Dove are other creamy whites
Gray Owl is a nice light gray

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:10 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
Classic Gray is probably what you are looking for
Chantilly Lace, Simply White, and White Dove are other creamy whites
Gray Owl is a nice light gray

I have gray owl in another room. It's a nice color but more Gray than classic gray.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries