Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Cheese braids with very few ingredients

tweety1

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:36 pm
Last year I made a delicious cheese braid with very few ingredients but I lost the recipe.
It had melted chocolate, cheese snack, and I don't remember what else. Maybe one or two more ingredients. If anybody can help me out I would really appreciate it.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:44 pm
Yes, it's @bakesandsteaks' recipe. I]m debating if I should make it.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Braids from @bakesandsteaks

Ingredients ✅
1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
2 cheese snack cups
1/3 cup Baker’s Choice white chocolate cream
1 egg
Garnish
Bit of confectioners sugar
White chocolate (melted) 🍫
Directions ✅
Preheat the oven to 350°. Unfold the puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper, vertically. Spread the cheese snacks down the middle portion of the puff pastry. Drizzle/spoon the white chocolate cream over the cheese snacks. Cut 1 inch strips along the right third of the dough as well as the left third of the dough. Fold over one strip from each side, alternating right and left until completed. Brush with egg and bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Once cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar and drizzle with white chocolate.

JenniferK

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:48 pm
White Chocolate Cheesecake Braids

2 cheese snack cups
1 egg
Garnish

Directions ✅
Preheat the oven to 350°. Unfold the puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper, vertically. Spread the cheese snacks down the middle portion of the puff pastry. Drizzle/spoon the white chocolate cream over the cheese snacks. Cut 1 inch strips along the right third of the dough as well as the left third of the dough. Fold over one strip from each side, alternating right and left until completed. Brush with egg and bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Once cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar and drizzle with white chocolate

tweety1

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:58 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Yes, it's @bakesandsteaks' recipe. I]m debating if I should make it.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Braids from @bakesandsteaks

Ingredients ✅
2 cheese snack cups
1 egg
Garnish
Directions ✅
Preheat the oven to 350°. Unfold the puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper, vertically. Spread the cheese snacks down the middle portion of the puff pastry. Drizzle/spoon the white chocolate cream over the cheese snacks. Cut 1 inch strips along the right third of the dough as well as the left third of the dough. Fold over one strip from each side, alternating right and left until completed. Brush with egg and bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Once cool, dust with confectioners’ sugar and drizzle with white chocolate.

Thanks so much. I deleted Instagram. That's probably the reason I don't have it anymore. It was DELICIOUS and it took so fast to put together. Froze very well too.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:06 am
Can't seem to find the white chocolate cream. What can I substitute with?

chanchy123

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:56 am
Can anyone translate this recipe for a bewildered Israeli?
I had to google "cheese braid" to understand this was a sort of pastry - but what are "cheese snacks"?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:41 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I had to google "cheese braid" to understand this was a sort of pastry - but what are "cheese snacks"?

I don’t think there is anything like them in E”Y. Sorry!

Last edited by amother on Thu, May 26 2022, 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:44 am
chanchy123 wrote:

I’m American, first language english, and I never heard of cheese braid either and I’ve no clue what cheese snack refers to.

tweety1

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:48 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Can't seem to find the white chocolate cream. What can I substitute with?

White melted chocolate

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:56 am
That you’ve never heard of a cheese braid has more to do with your exposure. They aren’t very common and I imagine many people have never heard of them but (pastry) braids in general are becoming more and more common. I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately.

Cheese snacks are a product available from a few companies. Almost like a crustless cheesecake. They come in a small square box. Each box has one cheese snack (in a plastic cup). They are now available in flavors, too. (I actually got strawberry ones to try in this recipe.) This is the first time I’ve seen them used in a recipe.

I bought the chocolate cream but haven’t opened it yet, so I can’t say for sure how you could replace it. I do recommend googling it so you can see what you are looking for. I imagine one of the dairy chocolate spreads would work, although it will be a different flavor.

(Anon because I mentioned the strawberry & I know my niece is on here and she’ll likely be at my house when I serve it)

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 6:57 am
tweety1 wrote:
White melted chocolate

Maybe more like a white chocolate ganache. Plain white choc will be a different texture.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:21 am
chanchy123 wrote:

Think of it as a braided cheese danish. A large danish that gets sliced for serving.

This is a braided bread, so you understand the general idea of what it looks like.
https://youtu.be/RoZwMKAMjzw

Cheese snack, the filling, is basically individual cups of crustless cheesecake (creamy underbaked). So if you use that, the filling doesn't thin and ooze out while baking.

chanchy123

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 7:30 am
Thanks, the cheese braid (according to Google) looks similar to a popular cake that went viral in Israel about five years ago with a chocolate filling. I think I’ve seen cheesecake cups like that in Israel also, like dessert pudding cups, I would never have thought to reuse them in a cake - that’s really creative. Thanks for the explanation.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 1:21 pm
I live in NJ but can't seem to find any white chocolate spread. Any ideas please?

tweety1

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
I live in NJ but can't seem to find any white chocolate spread. Any ideas please?

Buy regular white chocolate and melt it. You'll probably need 2-3 bars

tweety1

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 2:14 pm
Bakers choice makes the white chocolate cream

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 9:55 am
My store had the white chocolate cream last week. But is out this week.
Maybe lots of ppl are making.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics