Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby refuses to eat other than nursing

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:23 pm
He's already 1! and I don't have enough milk, he's hungry! nibbles a bit on bread and bamba, but that's it! No bottles, no spoon feeding..... What's gonna be?

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He's already 1! and I don't have enough milk, he's hungry! nibbles a bit on bread and bamba, but that's it! No bottles, no spoon feeding..... What's gonna be?

Did you try tons of variety? We give my baby cheese, broccoli, peanut butter, soup, cholent, rice cakes, chicken... basically anything you can think of. Babies can be picky just like adults- find what he likes to eat

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:28 pm
Try baby food pouches. They have some really healthy and filling options, and my baby, who only likes to feed herself (10 months) loves them.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:30 pm
Many babies don’t like mushy spoon fed food. Offer him cooked chicken and vegetable but in soft pieces not mashed, well done pasta, rice cakes etc.. any soft regular food.

lucky14

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:32 pm
What does the pediatrician say? If you are in the US try to get him evaluated for free by the state. They may have some helpful suggestions of things to try. Not sure if this is something they will evaluate for but it may be. Always worth trying!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:34 pm
He doesn't like anything wet. so only dry foods go. and won't drink anything! just sucks on me til I'm dry then kvetches alot.

SG18

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:39 pm
Serve yourself a plate of food at a meal. Have your baby sitting in a seat at your level. Start eating, and when his attention is on you, put small amounts of the food on the tray/plate in front of him (in an appropriate form). Follow his lead.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 7:40 pm
Offer tons of different foods. Does he take a sippy cup or bottle?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:36 pm
My babies all stsrted eating when I weaned them at the age of about 2. And they all gave me a hard time even then. Soft baked chicken or chicken patties was what they liked most. They didnt wanna touch mushy or sweet food.

gootlfriends

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:47 pm
By 1 year they should be eating a few foods. Some babies prefer sitting on mommys lap when starting food, sharing food. Does he eat anything? I second an evaluation. Even if they just give you ideas or exercises to help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics