Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
THE chocolate cake from Inyan
Previous  1  2

etky

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:06 am
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
How much of spoons of coffee do you use? And I'm assuming it's instant and caffeine?

I use 2 tsp.
I dissolve the instant coffee (sometimes I use vanilla or hazelnut flavor) in a bit of boiling water and then fill the rest of the cup with water from the faucet.
You can use decaf if you want. It shouldn't affect the flavor in any way.

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:39 am
etky wrote:
I use 2 tsp.
I dissolve the instant coffee (sometimes I use vanilla or hazelnut flavor) in a bit of boiling water and then fill the rest of the cup with water from the faucet.
You can use decaf if you want. It shouldn't affect the flavor in any way.

Awesome.
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:38 am
Heyaaa wrote:
I'll make the cake and let you know. The reason why it's called "THE" chocolate cake is probably because there is a specific chocolate cake which is very popular in some Chareidi communities. It is rich and gooey and it is supposed to have a chocolate glaze (confectioners sugar, cocoa, oil, boiling water). Without the glaze the cake is a bit salty/bitter but with the glaze it is very decadent and addicting. It is similar to a depression cake because it has vinegar (the vinegar replaced the egg during the Great Depression because it was too expensive) but this popular recipe also has eggs. I have a cake with similar ratios and it's "lick the plate"
yummy.

Hey, I am just coming back here and see that this thread went on without me.

Firstly. They explained that they call it THE chocolate cake because after this you will never need another one. Confused

Secondly, there is no shortage of yummy cakes. I only tried it because of the way they described it as the ultimate cake.

Third. I can literally eat anything. But this was not edible. I'm curious if you tried it and what your results were.

Someone asked what pan I used. It called for a 9 by 13.

Speaking of recipes from the Ami and Mishpacha, I recently tried a crockpot recipe from the Ami. I think it was from before pesach. It said to put all ingredients in, and duck sauce and I think soy sauce and add brocolli at the end. In the picture it looked like a stir fry. Anyway. It was pretty awful. I was so surprised. Because they also spoke about how incredible this recipe is. I was upset about all the work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen