Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Outdoor gas grill. Worth it?
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 4:56 pm
A gas grill is totally worth it. It is especially nice in warm weather because you don't have to use the oven and the stove and even the simplest food cooked on the grill is delicious. Grilled fish, grilled chicken, grilled vegetables are all delicious. Some people even grill pizza.

You don't have to watch grilled food constantly - I used to keep a timer around my neck to remind me but now with smart phones most people can just set the timer on the phone.

Weber grills are always reliable.

Once you see how great grilling is, you can see if you can get a gas line run because it really simplifies it when you don't have to deal with the propane tank. It is as easy as turning on your stove.

It is a myth that charcoal makes the food taste better and I think that food cooked over a briquet is not that safe because of the carcinogenic substances that are released as the coals burn. Also it is just more difficult as you have to set the coals on fire and then wait for them to get to the appropriate temperature. Also a gas grill is much easier to control the heat with as a good grill will have temperature controls so that you can cook chicken - for example - at a lower heat because otherwise the outside of the chicken is burned before the interior is cooked to a safe temperature.

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 4:58 pm
We got one at Lowes. Was a pretty decent price. I love the grill and use it a few times a month when the weather is nice

H2O

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:43 pm
We use ours very often for meat, chicken, veggies, ect. Our deck is off the kitchen so it's convenient for easy suppers. Just leave on a bit after removing food to burn off grease, then give a quick scrape with scraper (brush bristles can come off and get stuck in food so scraping is safer) and clean up is done!

it’s okay!

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:01 pm
I use my grill almost every night when the weathers are nice. My patio is not off my kitchen, but it’s not a big deal for me. My suppers are very simple with minimal prep. I prepare chicken or meat with oil and spices and cut up some vegetables for salad or kebabs. The kitchen stays clean and the house doesn’t get overheated. My kids play outside and I’m right nearby to be able to cook and keep an eye on them at the same time.
As a side note, I found charcoal grills very hard to start. A gas grill is just like a gas stove.

mizle10

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:02 pm
it’s okay! wrote:
I use my grill almost every night when the weathers are nice. My patio is not off my kitchen, but it’s not a big deal for me. My suppers are very simple with minimal prep. I prepare chicken or meat with oil and spices and cut up some vegetables for salad or kebabs. The kitchen stays clean and the house doesn’t get overheated. My kids play outside and I’m right nearby to be able to cook and keep an eye on them at the same time.
As a side note, I found charcoal grills very hard to start. A gas grill is just like a gas stove.

Same. I love my grill.
I even use it in the snow Very Happy

mommyhood

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:29 pm
I love having a grill. I don’t use it super often because I do the grilling not dh and it’s usually easier for me to cook inside but food comes out so yummy when you cook on a real grill. It’s worth it for me even if I only use it 10 times a year.

rgh

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:11 pm
Is grilled food healthy?

pause

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:36 pm
rgh wrote:
Is grilled food healthy?

Depends on whom you ask. I wouldn't feel comfortable feeding my family grilled food as often as some posters here. We grill a few times each spring/summer because, y'know, everything in moderation. It's a family experience as opposed to another method of food preparation.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:09 pm
It's delicious and fun.
Hard to maintain and keep clean.
We use it every once in a while.
We wash the grates inside and keep them inside so they don't rust.

essie14

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:23 am
We grill constantly, all year round. So do many of our neighbors. It's so worth it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars