Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation with an 10 week old

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:17 am
Gd willing I will have a baby in Oct and would love to go to Florida with my kids before my maternity vacation is up. Is this a horrible idea to travel with such a young baby? I have 3 older kids.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Gd willing I will have a baby in Oct and would love to go to Florida with my kids before my maternity vacation is up. Is this a horrible idea to travel with such a young baby? I have 3 older kids.

I flew to a wedding when my oldest was a month old. I also did a road trip more than once with a baby under six months. If you are traveling with someone it’s not a big deal, but I wouldn’t do it alone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:33 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I flew to a wedding when my oldest was a month old. I also did a road trip more than once with a baby under six months. If you are traveling with someone it’s not a big deal, but I wouldn’t do it alone.

We would go as a family for a family vacation. I just haven't had a newborn in years and wondering if this plan will make me miserable Smile

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:00 am
I did it with a one month old. Can't say it was easy but I didn't want the order kids to resent they were losing out on their vacation. Florida can work easily if you rent a house in Orlando with a pool and let the other kids know it will be a lot of pool time and not so much running around.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:02 am
[quote="amother [ Amaranthus ]"]I did it with a one month old. Can't say it was easy but I didn't want the order kids to resent they were losing out on their vacation. Florida can work easily if you rent a house in Orlando with a pool and let the other kids know it will be a lot of pool time and not so much running around.[/quot
Ooo this sounds like a good idea. I always have Miami in my head but Orlando sounds fun! What is the resteraunt situation like there? What did you do during day, just stay home? Not sure how cold it will be in Dec/Jan.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We would go as a family for a family vacation. I just haven't had a newborn in years and wondering if this plan will make me miserable Smile

In that case, enjoy!! Make sure your husband is ready to step up when he needs to, as you might not be as readily available as you normally are. Plan well, make sure to always have everything you need.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:08 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
I did it with a one month old. Can't say it was easy but I didn't want the order kids to resent they were losing out on their vacation. Florida can work easily if you rent a house in Orlando with a pool and let the other kids know it will be a lot of pool time and not so much running around.[/quot
Ooo this sounds like a good idea. I always have Miami in my head but Orlando sounds fun! What is the resteraunt situation like there? What did you do during day, just stay home? Not sure how cold it will be in Dec/Jan.

It doesn’t usually get cold (like NY) during the day, but it can definitely be cooler, like 50s-60s. I don’t know the restaurant situation, there are a few different kosher pizza options, at least during winter vacation.
We have been there a few times. We have done mini golf, lego land, a LOT of swimming….aside from all the Disney things, there’s also sea world, lots of parks, museums….

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:18 am
I just flew with my 3 month old to Florida. It was pretty easy. (First baby) Try booking a night flight. Otherwise while you're out during the day the baby will sleep and look around in the carriage.
I traveled with him when he was 5 months too (8 hr flight) and it was harder but still doable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics