Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd 2 pleasures herself
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:23 pm
I never had this with my other kids and find it weird. Why would a two year old be pleasuring herself and how does she know about it? She lies down everywhere and anywhere with her hands under her and rocks back and forth and makes sounds.
Anyone else have this?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:38 pm
She does it because it feels good. She knows about it the same way she knows about her feet and hands--exploring her body. Even though not every toddler does it, it is normal.

You can start teaching her to go to her bedroom or to the bathroom when she wants to do it.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:49 pm
very normal. I'm a Morah for 2 year olds and I see it all the time. I remind them that we don't put hands in underwear and then distract them.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:59 pm
I have 4 daughters. they all figured it out on their own at about 14-18 months. they all still do it. but the older ones know only in bed under their blankets. my 3 year old does it anywhere at home and she needs to be gently reminded or distracted.

it actually really bothers me that my girls do it but I'm told its normal...

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:01 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
it actually really bothers me that my girls do it but I'm told its normal...

Hmm. I'm not at all trying to be accusatory but maybe you could work on that. Think about why it bothers you and examine that.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:02 pm
It's very age appropriate. It's a soothing mechanism rather then pleasuring themselves.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I never had this with my other kids and find it weird. Why would a two year old be pleasuring herself and how does she know about it? She lies down everywhere and anywhere with her hands under her and rocks back and forth and makes sounds.
Anyone else have this?
Op it is not a 2exual thing for a 2 year old. She found her v@gina and she figured out how it feels good to rub herself there. Thats all it is.
Dont make it something its not. Just keep reminding her that we dont do this in front of others. At 2 that might mean nothing to her, but as she gets older she will get it eventually.
Please dont make her feel bad about it. Its completely fine.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:21 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Hmm. I'm not at all trying to be accusatory but maybe you could work on that. Think about why it bothers you and examine that.

because I find it a bit embarrassing when I'm amongst relatives etc and my 3 yr old starts doing this. you wouldn't' be a bit embarrassed??

even in my own house when I have guests on shabbos etc I feel like I'm always on guard. again, there's nothing wrong per say. but its still something embarrassing in public.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:21 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

Exactly
Their body. Whats wrong? Why would you care?
My mom used to remind me every night to take my hands out of my blanket
Twisted Evil

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:24 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
because I find it a bit embarrassing when I'm amongst relatives etc and my 3 yr old starts doing this. you wouldn't' be a bit embarrassed??

even in my own house when I have guests on shabbos etc I feel like I'm always on guard. again, there's nothing wrong per say. but its still something embarrassing in public.

Ah ok, you were unclear. That makes more sense.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:24 pm
Never heard of a child doing this

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:28 pm
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
Never heard of a child doing this
Well, then welcome to this new found knowledge. They do. And its ok. 😁

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:52 pm
following

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:58 pm
My 3 yr old dd does it too, yes it's annoying to have to be on guard that she doesn't so it in public. Then I direct her to her room or distract her with a different activity.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:28 pm
OP although this may be common, I don’t think it’s entirely normal. I’ve seen people say that histamine issues can cause these types of things. I would try an antihistamine and see if it helps.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:31 pm
I’ve been touching self since I was a toddler lol. Totally normal! It’s not s-xual at that age, they don’t have that concept in their heads. Its just something that feels good. Nothing wrong with it. Just calmly tell your child that it can only be done in private.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:32 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
OP although this may be common, I don’t think it’s entirely normal. I’ve seen people say that histamine issues can cause these types of things. I would try an antihistamine and see if it helps.

What reason do you have to think it's abnormal or requires treatment?

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:35 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I’ve been touching self since I was a toddler lol. Totally normal! It’s not s-xual at that age, they don’t have that concept in their heads. Its just something that feels good. Nothing wrong with it. Just calmly tell your child that it can only be done in private.

I never understand when posters write this.
It's not s-xual for me either- it just feels good.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:46 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Why do you think its not normal? I wish there were surveys to find out just how many youngsters m@STurbate. The numbers would probably astound you. Its beyond normal. They are exploring their bodies and what feels good and what doesnt.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:47 pm
It’s sort of like sucking your thumb.
It soothes.not really appropriate to suck your thumb after a certain age in public.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics