Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Fabric for extending length of curtain or just buy new?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:34 pm
We moved house recently and our new bedroom window has a slightly longer drop than our old one. I like the curtains and was thinking maybe I could just add a piece to the bottom to extend it, or will that just look strange?
It's a heavy blackout in a light grey. The fabric has a texture-I think it was called herringbone.
New curtains are expensive so I thought this would be a cheaper option.
Anyone able to weigh in and offer their opinions?

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:46 pm
I think it will be nice if you add a piece in a contrasting color on the bottom. Do NOT try to match it! It will look ridiculous if the color or texture is even a drop off.

But a dark gray thick piece on the bottom will look deliberate and stylish.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:20 pm
How much longer do you need?

I ask because I had drapes made and because of the configuration of my windows they were hung at a certain height. After living with them for awhile I realized I didn't like that height and they needed to be higher - I.e. at the ceiling and not the soffit. My designer had two wide bands of velvet made and so they were then long enough to be hung higher.

I was skeptical but they look like it was part of the design as the velvet bands look elegant against the fabric. Luckily I didn't need that much additional length so the proportions look fine and not weird
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics