Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp bag
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 9:47 pm
DDalmost13 going to maarava for the first time. Her bday is coming up and I want to surprise her with something for camp. I was thinking a bag.....Please advise me what to get, what will be exciting and "in".
Tote bag for bus? or do they take something else?
fanny pack? or are those done?
what kind of bags do they use for day trips?
maybe a bag for her camera around camp?
any ideas and links (amazon preferred) appreciated. TIA

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:05 am
Bump

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 5:31 am
I don't know enough to know this year's fads but last year fanny packs were totally done in Maarava.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 10:05 am
Thanks hashem yaazor! did something replace them? what do girls take to camp in terms of bags (bus and trips)?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:19 am
A sporty brand backpack like Adidas or a name brand.
Belt bag or fanny pack crossbody or fanny pack. Can be Lululemon or otherwise.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
A sporty brand backpack like Adidas or a name brand.
Belt bag or fanny pack crossbody or fanny pack. Can be Lululemon or otherwise.

A Lululemon overnight bag can be a nice gift too

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:55 am
what is a belt bag compared to a fanny pack, is it not the same? do the girls this age wear them? honestly, I am not one to care about what is "in" so much, but if I am getting her something secial for camp, I want her to have something she will love...which is usually because everyone else has it also. So, what will all the girls have for bags in camp for this age?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what is a belt bag compared to a fanny pack, is it not the same? do the girls this age wear them? honestly, I am not one to care about what is "in" so much, but if I am getting her something secial for camp, I want her to have something she will love...which is usually because everyone else has it also. So, what will all the girls have for bags in camp for this age?

My daughter is only bringing a backpack for the bus and not her fanny pack, though she may change her mind last minute depending if they have short day trips that need just an extra pocket for money and not a whole backpack. She says though that you can't go wrong with a Lululemon one since everyone has one and your daughter will love it. The convertible one that can be worn crossbody or as a belt fanny pack.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:32 pm
thank you amother gold....you say your daughter is bringing a backpack for the bus, what sort of backpack? someone said the girls like tote bags, are backpacks better?

maybe I'll do the belt bag thing....

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 1:37 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
A Lululemon overnight bag can be a nice gift too

To the tune of how much?

(and here I thought the OOT camps were simpler than their in-town counterparts, with no need for designer items....)

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 2:50 pm
Is this the item "everyone" has?
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/a.....ESIZE
What color is "in" if I want to surprise my daughter? I am drawn to the pink but is that what the girls are wearing? Is white or silver or black better?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 3:21 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Is this the item "everyone" has?
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/a.....ESIZE
What color is "in" if I want to surprise my daughter? I am drawn to the pink but is that what the girls are wearing? Is white or silver or black better?

This one can be worn two ways and is popular.
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/b.....G_con
Both are good options.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:40 pm
Is it "lululemon or you got it all wrong even though it is similar"?
I was definitely also surprised by the name brands suggested and not just a type of bag in general. So crazy how name brand conscious everyone has become!

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:47 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
To the tune of how much?

(and here I thought the OOT camps were simpler than their in-town counterparts, with no need for designer items....)

Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Only got one since had a returned gift credit there. I *really* don't think it needs to be Lululemon. Any cute belt bag or crossbody or nice overnight is a great gift.

emee2

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:38 am
I don’t send to maarava but I do live in the Midwest. My daughters go to New York camps. My daughters got Fanny packs from Amazon and They were happy in fact they got lots of compliments.

For trip bags, the adidas drawstring bag was very popular last summer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:51 am
thanks emee

can you post links?

emee2

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:04 am
Thé Fanny pack m’y daughter took was a big hit at camp bnos
Fanny Pack Belt Bag- Rave Women... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088.....ss_tl

Everyone had some version of this bag for trips. According to my daughter, she doesn’t care much for fashion etc but since she was going to an in town camp it was important to me that she had the right stuff and especially since these things aren’t $$. I think the trip bag was $13. Let me know if you need any other camp help. Also everyone around here sends to marava so I can ask my friends too!

adidas Unisex Alliance II... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K.....ss_tl

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:07 am
Does Lululemon ever have promo codes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:07 am
emee, thank you so much!

emee2

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
emee, thank you so much!

You’re welcome! Also nobody here seems to have the lulu lemon one but I did see some girls in Chicago with it. I have 3 teenagers and they haven’t mentioned the lulu lemon in particular.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps