Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Did something "bad" happen after buying a house?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:20 pm
I'm about to move.

I didn't move because of space constraints, but rather because we thought it was a good investment for the future. We're not super young, so it felt like now or never.

I'm petrified of something bad happening, CH"V, because of ayin hara. My husband is not.

I just want to know...does anyone out there feel like you got an ayin hara after moving?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:22 pm
The Torah says not to think this way. Al tiftach peh l’satan. Don’t put ideas in the satan’s head.

polka dots

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:27 pm
No. I bh moved and we keep on thanking Hashem for our bracha. Recognize that all you have is from Him.
If you have a very extravagant house, you don't need to rub it into others faces. But a modest new home is a blessing and hopefully your friends and family will be so happy for you.

Enjoy it!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:27 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
The Torah says not to think this way. Al tiftach peh l’satan. Don’t put ideas in the satan’s head.

But it's in MY head already. I'm an anxious person. I'm soooooo scared.

Is there any way to get it out of my head?

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:59 pm
This sounds borderline OCD. There's no reason to think this way. Unless you're moving into something that resembles Buckingham palace while your friends, family, and neighbors can't come up with two pennies to rub together.
Thank hashem that you were fortunate to be able to buy your house. Thank hashem that you have a family to buy a house for. Thank hashem that you're able to pack and move. And stop worrying about ayin hora. That's not how hashem wants you to live.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:03 pm
People live in houses, no one cares.... it's not like you are doing something no one else is doing. I think a therapist can help you deal with your anxiety.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:04 pm
No we had more and more bracha after we moved bh.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:12 pm
Use your house for mitzvos.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:20 pm
OP, I just want you to know you are not alone in feeling this way. I am a very anxious person as well and have serious mental issues. For example: we go to israel. Normal people think such a beautiful vacation. Me thinking we're gana die. Just one example.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:23 pm
I bought a bigger house than we needed at the time, because it was worth growing into. My attitude is always to use the house for hachnosas orchim, simchos and host for tzedaka events. Bh we have seen a lot of bracha in our home.

miami85

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:24 pm
Our move into our current house was an utter disaster--you name it, something bad happened. We even had thorough inspection by the various experts, but there was one thing that no one thought to check and it ended up being a flood which damaged our basement for 6 months. I don't know if it was an "ayin hara" or what--but it was traumatic.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:28 pm
Ayin Hara does not have power unless you give it power. Don't believe in it. It won't effect you.
Bsha'ah Tova and may you have incredible Mazel in the new home!

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:51 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
No we had more and more bracha after we moved bh.

Same b"h. I got pregnant with my long awaited baby when we moved to our bigger and nicer house.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:02 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
I bought a bigger house than we needed at the time, because it was worth growing into. My attitude is always to use the house for hachnosas orchim, simchos and host for tzedaka events. Bh we have seen a lot of bracha in our home.

Rav Yitzchok zilberstein brings down that building a house with walls is confining so it arouses the Midas Hadin so to counteract it we make a chanukas habayis inviting orchim to show that the house will be used for chessed, which is expansion of oneself. This is the opposite of confinement and counteracts the midas hadin.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:08 pm
Nothing bad, per se. We just fell out of love with suburban living. Our kids are teens and older and as they leave the nest, my husband and I don’t want to feel isolated. We want to be in the city (or a city) where we can walk places, see shows, go out for lunch, etc.

I’m going to miss our house, though. We put a lot of TLC into it. Hoping the future owners will love it just as much!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:31 pm
OP, try to work on getting your brain to expect only good things to happen in your future. Perhaps keep saying "I can't wait to receive tremendous brachah and blessings from Hashem once we move into the house". Keep repeating it over and over throughout the day. Trach gut vet zein gut.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:34 pm
what about "meshaneh makom, meshaneh mazal" . Your move should bring more mazal.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:16 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:

The Gemara (twice in ברכות once in כתובות), not the Torah.

OP, enjoy your new home and fill it with joy.

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:24 pm
Didn't read through anything but exactly the opposite happened. We were really struggling with making a living. Our kids were not in the right schools, and thank goodness all those things got sorted out and turned out to be better beyond belief. I mean most people buy a house it's not like something that only a few people. I'm not saying everybody but it's a normal part of life nothing exceptional.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:23 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
This sounds borderline OCD. There's no reason to think this way. Unless you're moving into something that resembles Buckingham palace while your friends, family, and neighbors can't come up with two pennies to rub together.
Thank hashem that you were fortunate to be able to buy your house. Thank hashem that you have a family to buy a house for. Thank hashem that you're able to pack and move. And stop worrying about ayin hora. That's not how hashem wants you to live.

Some people will ALWAYS be jealous
As long as they don’t have a house as big as yours.
Nothing to do with Buckingham Palace.

I learned to keep my life very private, as much as I can. It’s just more comfortable that way.

But it’s hard to keep a new house private.
OP, do what you need to do and ask Hashem to always be with you.
Hashem is stronger than even all the ayin haras in the world.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating