Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 38  39  40  Next

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:16 pm
I'm watching today's trial and I'm up to the part where Amber's lawyer is redirecting.

And it's really really strange because she (the lawyer) is so very incompetent. Depp's lawyer keeps objecting and the judge keeps sustaining her objections, and Amber's lawyer is bewildered and at a total loss for how to rephrase. And this happens multiple times. Like, over and over.

Another thing that struck me is that Depp is winning in the court of public opinion partially because he looks so personable (and has character witnesses to back him). He, and his lawyers, look open and friendly and at ease. Amber and her team are the opposite. In particular, she has this very off putting way of answering. She looks to her left as the lawyer is addressing her, then turns to the right (at the jury?) To give her answers, and her tone of voice implies "so there!!". Do they not have image consultants? Can't she act more sympathetic (being an actor and all?!)?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:29 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
...Another thing that struck me is that Depp is winning in the court of public opinion partially because he looks so personable (and has character witnesses to back him). He, and his lawyers, look open and friendly and at ease. Amber and her team are the opposite...

I have not watched the trial — instead, I have been reading the imamother coverage of it Smile — and isn't the court of public opinion what this is all about? Depp wins if he starts getting movie roles again.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:29 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I'm watching today's trial and I'm up to the part where Amber's lawyer is redirecting.

And it's really really strange because she (the lawyer) is so very incompetent. Depp's lawyer keeps objecting and the judge keeps sustaining her objections, and Amber's lawyer is bewildered and at a total loss for how to rephrase. And this happens multiple times. Like, over and over.

Another thing that struck me is that Depp is winning in the court of public opinion partially because he looks so personable (and has character witnesses to back him). He, and his lawyers, look open and friendly and at ease. Amber and her team are the opposite. In particular, she has this very off putting way of answering. She looks to her left as the lawyer is addressing her, then turns to the right (at the jury?) To give her answers, and her tone of voice implies "so there!!". Do they not have image consultants? Can't she act more sympathetic (being an actor and all?!)?

So this is what I’ve picked up from listening to analysis from lawyers.

(1) Heard’s team doesn’t normally appear in court. Most civil trials are settled outside of court. The way Heard’s lawyer asks questions is appropriate for a deposition, when you’re preparing for trial. It’s not ok to use that style during an actual trial and that’s why her lawyer is really struggling.

(2) Heard is a really difficult client. She won’t follow her attorneys’ instructions. She insists on doing things her way. That’s part of why her attorney is struggling so much with the questioning. Heard wants to get info into the trial that just doesn’t belong. That’s also why she’s making herself look so bad. She won’t listen to advice. Apparently people in the courtroom saw her arguing with her lawyers.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:44 pm
[quote="number"]So this is what I’ve picked up from listening to analysis from lawyers.

(1) Heard’s team doesn’t normally appear in court. Most civil trials are settled outside of court. The way Heard’s lawyer asks questions is appropriate for a deposition, when you’re preparing for trial. It’s not ok to use that style during an actual trial and that’s why her lawyer is really struggling.

(2) Heard is a really difficult client. She won’t follow her attorneys’ instructions. She insists on doing things her way. That’s part of why her attorney is struggling so much with the questioning. Heard wants to get info into the trial that just doesn’t belong. That’s also why she’s making herself look so bad. She won’t listen to advice. Apparently people in the courtroom saw her arguing with her lawyers.[/quote]

Classic bpd. She said it when asked why she did not produce photos, which she said she did but her lawyers didn't want to give them in. She looked mad about it.

And the makeup story omg! There's is no amount of makeup that could cover up a broken nose!

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:50 pm
number wrote:
Wow! I missed this bit earlier. Heard was told to sit with her lawyers but instead she just left the courtroom before the jury! It’s considered to be contempt of court.

I missed this! Wow just wow!

crust

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:54 pm
I just want to thank whoever took the time to post the lives on a previous page.

In my real world no one talks about this case and I also don't watch any news these days so I would never have seen this hadn't I logged onto this site this morning.

Watching Camille is like eating chocolate.
I can't have enough of it.

And Amber's haggling on every word just brings out more of Camille's talent.
I really appreciate it!

And please ladies, if there's ever a good lawyer presenting any real case, please alert me to it.
Thanks!

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:06 pm
crust wrote:
I just want to thank whoever took the time to post the lives on a previous page.

In my real world no one talks about this case and I also don't watch any news these days so I would never have seen this hadn't I logged onto this site this morning.

Watching Camille is like eating chocolate.
I can't have enough of it.

And Amber's haggling on every word just brings out more of Camille's talent.
I really appreciate it!

And please ladies, if there's ever a good lawyer presenting any real case, please alert me to it.
Thanks!

They are obviously bringing one sided clips lol.
If you want a non biased video watch an entire day in court or at least an hour.
Not just extracted biased footage.

crust

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:11 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
They are obviously bringing one sided clips lol.
If you want a non biased video watch an entire day in court or at least an hour.
Not just extracted biased footage.

I couldn't watch the actual clips or lives that were posted here because they had someone in it giving her take on it which was very disorienting for me.

I went on YouTube and watched the entire day(s😉).

But had there only been a discussion here I wouldn't be intrigued to go search for it.
Because I saw a glimpse of this lawyer here it made me go search for more.

So, after researching her history back untill her ancestors I sat down and watched this court case.

Can you tell I took a day off? Wink

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:14 pm
This case makes me wish we’d see such clips from people I know.
I know at least 3 BPD women who made their spouse’s lives MISERABLE and since they are such compulsive shrewd liars many people don’t know the truth.
Wish wish lawyer Camille can grill them like that for the public to see.
Anyone with me?

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:33 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
I know at least 3 BPD women who made their spouse’s lives MISERABLE and since they are such compulsive shrewd liars many people don’t know the truth.
Anyone with me?

You are lumping all people with BPD which is quite offensive.

How do you know these women have BPD? They told you they were diagnosed?

crust

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:42 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
Anyone with me?

Wouldn't that be great?!!

Ahhhh.

The case itself is an insult to my intelligence.
The fighting is approximately kindergarten level and I have zero mercy on any of them.

But I am thinking that maybe the reason this is so public is because Hashem wants us to see a mashal of how it will look like in the times of Moshiach.

He is giving us a taster of how good it will feel when our perpetrators, whether personal or as a nation, will be cross examined by the Heavenly Court.

Looking forward...

Last edited by crust on Tue, May 17 2022, 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

beadazzled

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:44 pm
Team Depp all the way. I don't think either of them are angels but Depp seems more believable and Heard appears to be off and unbalanced imo.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:48 pm
crust wrote:
I couldn't watch the actual clips or lives that were posted here because they had someone in it giving her take on it which was very disorienting for me.

I went on YouTube and watched the entire day(s😉).

But had there only been a discussion here I wouldn't be intrigued to go search for it.
Because I saw a glimpse of this lawyer here it made me go search for more.

So, after researching her history back untill her ancestors I sat down and watched this court case.

Can you tell I took a day off? Wink
So what did you learn about Vasquez?

She was so much fun to watch. I’m sad it’s over.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:52 pm

Sorry I definitely didn’t mean all people with BPD. By “all” I meant all 3 I mentioned.
And yes they were each diagnosed and I know it for a fact.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:56 pm

She is talking abt the malignant borderlines who enjoy inflicting pain. You are correct. There are many who are just hyper sensitive and do not abuse.

But yes. She is referring to the ones down below who enjoy playing others.
Arghhhhh.
May truth win. Another (former) victim.

number

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:57 pm
Ooh I think Amber’s sister Whitney may be testifying tomorrow. If Camille is the lawyer for cross then that will be interesting as well.

crust

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:12 pm
number wrote:
So what did you learn about Vasquez?

She was so much fun to watch. I’m sad it’s over.

Nothing very life altering.
Where she lives, went to school, immediate family and some minor details.

I couldn't find too much about her family but it sounds like she is not from a rara family.

Seems like both of her parents were hard working people that tried to give their two children a good education.

She did not go to Yale or Harvard.

To put things in context, the school she went to- Southwestern Law School has a 49% acceptance rate vs. Harvard which has a 15% and Yale which has a 9% acceptance rate.

Higher acceptance rate doesn't mean it's lower quality education.

I'm just trying to make a point that she isn't coming from the Big Guys but she built herself up.

And yes number, I also hope she will still be on this case.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 11:19 pm
Number,were you ever in an abusive relationship?

Were you ever physically, emotionally or s-xually abused?

Doesn't seem so from your posts which I find some to be very insensitive to those who truly suffered hell in their life

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 12:03 am
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Number,were you ever in an abusive relationship?

Were you ever physically, emotionally or s-xually abused?

Doesn't seem so from your posts which I find some to be very insensitive to those who truly suffered hell in their life

I’m sorry for what you’ve been through

Can men be abused?
Do we believe men or only women?
How do we determine who is the truthful one?
Can both be abusive ?

If someone is sympathetic to a man because they believe he was abused then they are showing support to abuse victims. Just a diff gender. Abused men can suffer horribly as well.
I think it’s unfair to deny that

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:50 am
For those who are lucky to be unfamiliar with the type of relationship between Depp and Heard, I will say this:

Narcissists are a magnet to codependents or other personality disordered individuals. Heard may in fact have BPD, but that doesn't take away from the craziness of living with a covert narcissist who is also an addict. And by the way, living with someone like this can cause or aggravate the BPD. So while they both need to take some responsibility here, Depp is no victim. Don't be fooled.
Page 22 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics