Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sleeping without swaddle
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:17 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
There is a need. Babies like to feel like they are in the womb again and they sleep better that way.

When you were pregnant your baby in your womb didint move, roll, stretch out his arms? He constantly had his arms pinned down like a swaddle position? wow you must have had a very comfortable pregnancy...

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
When you were pregnant your baby in your womb didint move, roll, stretch out his arms? He constantly had his arms pinned down like a swaddle position? wow you must have had a very comfortable pregnancy...

Yeah they do and then you know what they hit a wall. It’s not open endless air. Sorry that you can’t understand, seems like a simple concept. Observe any baby see how uncomfortable they are when they hit endless open space and startle and then cry. Then watch a baby in swaddle push at it and then relax. Yeah my eyes can tell me which baby is more uncomfortable. Babies cry when they are uncomfortable.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 11:38 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:

He had very little room to maneuver in the last month or so.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 12:12 am
All of my babies loved to be swaddled at night. They slept soooooo well. My oldest did just fine going from swaddle to regular pajamas. My second did horribly. I tried multiple different sleep sacks and nothing helped. With a swaddle she slept through the night. Once we stopped swaddling it was weeks (at least) of bad sleep. She finally got used to it. Not fun. For my baby now I got the zipadee zip and he transitioned just great to it. I tried not putting him in it one night but he’s so used to it that he kept waking up. The zipadee is great because they make them in many sizes so baby can continue to wear them for a while. Downside is they are expensive. But you don’t have to buy pajamas so you save money there… (he wears a onesie under it)

You asked about use of hands and once you stop swaddling they will be able to use their hands no matter what product you purchase.

Good luck!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:04 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Sleep sack

Someone had given sleep sack as a baby gift so I decided to try it tonight, I covered her hands too (sucking on her hands and pulling out her paci wakes herself up and she will be crying) she took way longer to fall asleep but she did end up falling asleep on her own
She only woke me now to eat

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:08 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Yeah they do and then you know what they hit a wall. It’s not open endless air. Sorry that you can’t understand, seems like a simple concept. Observe any baby see how uncomfortable they are when they hit endless open space and startle and then cry. Then watch a baby in swaddle push at it and then relax. Yeah my eyes can tell me which baby is more uncomfortable. Babies cry when they are uncomfortable.

I agree. She loves to be swaddled. She would be screaming and as soon as she was all seaddled she would fall asleep. Obviously she wasnt swaddled inside me but she must like the tightness as ot was pretty cramped inside me id imagine.

The sleepsack seems to be working tonight but I will probably have to try others suggestions for naps because she doesnt nap as well as she sleeps at night. Why does she wake up (not ready to be up) after only 20-30 minutes?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 4:56 pm
Why can't they swaddle once rolling over?

(I never swaddle my babies so isn't relevant for me, just curious why it's an issue.)

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:03 pm
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
Why can't they swaddle once rolling over?

(I never swaddle my babies so isn't relevant for me, just curious why it's an issue.)

They can suffocate if they are swaddled on their belly, and not able to reposition themselves if they can't breath

mushkamothers

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 9:32 pm
I also had one baby that "loooved" to be swaddled, in reality I didn't really give him a choice- this is how he learned to sleep. We used every swaddle on the market until 5+ months. My next kids I didn't swaddle at all so they didn't need a swaddle. Life was much simpler lol. Honeysuckle isn't wrong Smile

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 10:12 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
I also had one baby that "loooved" to be swaddled, in reality I didn't really give him a choice- this is how he learned to sleep. We used every swaddle on the market until 5+ months. My next kids I didn't swaddle at all so they didn't need a swaddle. Life was much simpler lol. Honeysuckle isn't wrong Smile

Sorry but each kid is different. I didn’t swaddle my first but wasn’t sleeping properly the first few weeks. One night as my husband and I were bleary eyed trying everything, we decided to try the swaddle and guess what? Within 60 seconds my baby was sleeping. This pattern continued. No swaddle= no sleep. Swaddle = sleep. And this wasn’t from day one. Maybe some babies don’t need it and by giving it they just get used to it but other babies definitely need it.

And yes even in a swaddle they can still wiggle a little and kick their feet but the space is limited just like in the womb Smile maybe not the exact same feeling but definitely comforting for some babies.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics