Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Plz help with gift idea for a 22 yr old teacher single girl
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:53 pm
I don’t care The price point. I’m not familiar with that age and was looking for something to show my appreciation. Thx

Winterb

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 5:55 pm
How about a Gift certificate to local clothing boutique or makeup store.

Mommy1:)

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:18 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Awesome.....ss_tl

adorable notebook on amazon, perfect present for a morah.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:22 pm
I usually do a gift certificate for mani/ pedi for the single Morah’s

writinggirl

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:23 pm
I don't see a difference between single and married. Women like nice things! I would have appreciated a cookbook or diffuser when I was single just as much as I do when married!

singleagain

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:27 pm
abbygiva wrote:
I don't see a difference between single and married. Women like nice things! I would have appreciated a cookbook or diffuser when I was single just as much as I do when married!

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️

Plus it's not the age it's the person...

Do you really not know anything about the teacher?

Why are you getting a gift?

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:11 pm
Gift certificate is always safe if you don't know what they would appreciate

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:18 pm
I am a teacher and I never use gift cards that I get. I do appreciate any and all other gifts though.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:30 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
I am a teacher and I never use gift cards that I get. I do appreciate any and all other gifts though.

A visa gift card is equivalent to giving cash. Just classier than handing over a $20 bill, imo. Everybody can use a visa gift card, it's gift cards to specific or niche stores that may end up not getting used.
You can't go wrong with visa! The teacher can use it for practical stuff (at the gas station or grocery) or frivolous stuff, really at any store she ever shops at.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:32 pm
I’ll tell you why I wrote single.

A married teacher I might present matchsticks and nice tray for lighting candles. tzeddakah box or something she can use for her Shabbos table or a bowl decor for her kitchen etc …

I want the single teacher to feel special and appreciated. I don’t want to dump a silly gift card randomly. I want to put some thought into it.

momtra

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:54 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

A married teacher I might present matchsticks and nice tray for lighting candles. tzeddakah box or something she can use for her Shabbos table or a bowl decor for her kitchen etc …

I want the single teacher to feel special and appreciated. I don’t want to dump a silly gift card randomly. I want to put some thought into it.

Yes! When I was a single teacher, I got serving platters and it was really not something I enjoyed.
You’re gracious to take it into account …gift card/ Visa card and of course a nice note is something you can’t go wrong with

amother
Viola

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:02 pm
And I know single teachers who did like getting those things. If they still lived at home, they either used it as part of their mom's household and got enjoyment out of it that way, or put it aside for when they did move out/marry. (Me, for one! And I never actually any of the manicure gift cards that I recieved....))
But, again, you can't go wrong with a Visa gift card. It's not random, it's very very usable!

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

I just wanted to say kol hakavod to you for being so caring, kind, and sensitive. That morah is lucky to have you as a parent in the class. My DD is single, and a Morah, and loves and appreciates gift cards, as well as anything else that anyone took the time to get her. She's gotten great drinking cups with straws for ice coffee with her name personalized on it, as well as a school bag with her name, gift cards to a sforim store, accessory store etc..

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:06 pm
I’m a Morah too. I always appreciate gift cards to local restaurants and cafes or Amazon or visa gift cards that can be used for anything. Gift card for a mani pedi is great . One year I bought my assistants who were that age an adult game that had just come out. I wouldn’t go with the tchachka kind of gift like mugs or notebooks. I cherish the card more than the gift and really appreciate being remembered by the parents . Nice of you to put such thought to make her feel special !

amother
Viola

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

A married teacher actually probably has all that sort of stuff already. It would be duplicates for her. As I said, I did like getting that stuff as a single teacher. Most of it I put away to save for when I would need it.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:25 pm
I always give a nice note with a visa gift card

Simple1

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:47 pm
Definitely makes a difference if single or married. My single daughters prefer something they can enjoy personally rather than a kitchen or household item which ends up being a gift to me. They're not interested in saving the items unless it's super special and expensive. Good gifts they got were make up bags, overnight bag, jewelry box, jewelry, books, and gift cards.

Last edited by Simple1 on Tue, May 17 2022, 8:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

singleagain

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:48 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Definitely makes a difference if single or married. My single daughters prefer something they can enjoy personally rather than a kitchen or household item which ends up being a gift to me. They're not interested in saving the items unless if it were super special and expensive. Good gifts might be a make up bag, overnight bag, jewelry box, jewelry, book or gift certificate .

Not a difference of single v married. But about living arrangements

Simple1

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:49 pm
singleagain wrote:
Not a difference of single v married. But about living arrangements

Yes. You're right

Simple1

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 8:54 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
A married teacher actually probably has all that sort of stuff already. It would be duplicates for her. As I said, I did like getting that stuff as a single teacher. Most of it I put away to save for when I would need it.

I wouldn't mind getting new items if mine were worn out or broken. But a gift card would be safest if you're not sure what they need.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics